You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Traffic on Vatsim -Quick question

Thomas Jensen 1278082

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted

Hey all you guys!

How can I get all the other planes on Vatsim (The traffic) to have the right livery and aircraft type?

For example an Antonov 225 looks like the default 747 and all the Airbus A320's are in Air France livery.

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Have you apply any AI Traffic to your sim, or just running VPilot vmr file only.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted
Have you apply any AI Traffic to your sim, or just running VPilot vmr file only.

I'm using AI traffic from World-Of-AI, when I play offline.

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Have you downloaded the correct vmr for your AI traffic for vpilot. This is done thru Vpilot

SettingsModelMatching.png

If the above is correct where have you place your AI traffic within your sim and is there a entry been made in your sim ie. fsx.cfg under simobjects pointing to this folder. Where is the folder of AI traffic located. Is it under simobjects or under simobjects/airplanes folder.

Edited by Guest

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted

Have you downloaded the correct vmr for your AI traffic for vpilot. This is done thru Vpilot

If the above is correct where have you place your AI traffic within your sim and is there a entry been made in your sim .cfg file under simobjects pointing to your AI traffic folder.

The AI traffic folder will be in your simobjects folder or simobjects/airplanes folder.

Thanks for helping. I'll take a closer look at your suggestions tommorow.

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted

If the above is correct where have you place your AI traffic within your sim and is there a entry been made in your sim .cfg file under simobjects pointing to your AI traffic folder.

The AI traffic folder will be in your simobjects folder or simobjects/airplanes folder.

Thanks for helping. I'll take a closer look at your suggestions tommorow.

I'm not using Vpilot. Can you maybe try and help me over Team Viewer later, so you can control my computer? That would make it easier for you to help me. Btw. I'm flying FS9.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

VPilot is for fsx.

I you look in the squawk box forum there is a thread about model matching there. It will give you a link to an sms generator to make this work.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Thanks Norman.

What pilot client are you using. If using squawkbox goto avsim and do a search for "SMS Generator" as the link within squawkbox forum doesn't work.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted
Thanks Norman.

What pilot client are you using. If using squawkbox goto avsim and do a search for "SMS Generator" as the link within squawkbox forum doesn't work.

I'm using FS Inn

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Thomas goto to this link http://www.flightdeckmagazin.com/downloads-%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD-1/software-%E8%BD%AF%E4%BB%B6/ and download the file Repository Aircraft ICAO Editor.

Goto this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7ZC8QufMI and watch the video. Even thou it refers to FSX it explains how to use the above program.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Thomas Jensen 1278082
Posted
Posted
Thomas goto to this link http://www.flightdeckmagazin.com/downloads-%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD-1/software-%E8%BD%AF%E4%BB%B6/ and download the file Repository Aircraft ICAO Editor.

Goto this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7ZC8QufMI and watch the video. Even thou it refers to FSX it explains how to use the above program.

I still can't make this work. I've tried a lot of different things now. I must be doing something wrong, though I followed the tutorial. Can anyone of you guys help me over team viewer, so you can control my computer? -And thank you so much to you guys, I really appreciate your help.