You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot with Comm2 for Voice Channel

John Diffenderfer 1109907

Posted
Posted

When using FSInn, my VA uses a Comm2 radio channel for voice communications between us pilots flying (eg. rw.liveatc.net/xxx). The voice channel and frequency settings in FSInn are WL with channel freq set to 122.85, and we tune 122.85 on our Comm2 radios in the airplane.

Can this be duplicated in vPilot? And if so, will pilots using FSInn or Squakbox be able to talk to us who are on vPilot.

Barry D

generate-signature-new-4.php?login=USA7258CVA0190.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

I don't believe vpilot has this feature, wait for Ross on that one.

Posted
Posted

Oh that would be too bad. I got excellent voice from two controllers doing a radio check last night on comm1.

vPilot is so easy! I thought it could replace my FSInn. Of course the airplane matching is not as good.

Barry D

generate-signature-new-4.php?login=USA7258CVA0190.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

IMO the model matching in vpilot is much more powerful then FSINN's. sure you cant do it on the fly like FSINN, but beyond that, much more you can do with the matching in vpilot, especially with airlines that fly with multiple paint schemes. you can even [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign certain airline liveries to a specific range of flight numbers, cant do that presently with any of the other clients to my knowledge beyond the predefined rules you can download, the custom side of the model matching is pretty impressive