You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Distance Tool

Callum Presley 975002

Callum Presley 975002
Posted
Posted

Hi

I've noticed the distance tool isn't working properly in version 3.2. On previous versions you would be able to type .distance [FIX] and then select an aircraft callsign on frequency and it would display and range and bearing. Now it no longer displays a range and bearing and you cannot get rid of the range and bearing lines on the screen.

Thanks

Callum

Juha Holopainen
Posted
Posted

The range/bearing lines at the top of the screen are no longer present in 3.2. Instead the information is only shown on the line itself. In your example the information would be displayed next to the aircraft end of the line.

To remove the line, right-click on it. Left-clicking on a line will remove it and restart the command with an element already selected (".distance [FIX]" would appear in the command line, allowing you to select another aircraft to see its distance/bearing from the same fix).

Callum Presley 975002
Posted
Posted

OK thanks, I used to use the bearing values at the top of the screen as a D/F in a non-radar environment.

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Alternative is to ask the pilot where he is, but it seems that when controlling in a procedural environment, pilots decide to have no idea where they are!

David Zhong

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted
OK thanks, I used to use the bearing values at the top of the screen as a D/F in a non-radar environment.

I did that as well. The line now begins/ends at the aircraft even with C Mode correlation (aircraft not correlated). I think, in that case, the line should radiate from the fix to the edge of the screen and the distance should be suppressed (show only the bearing).

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

When you select an AC from the voice list it is identified by the callsign only. That case ES looks for the flight plan based on callsign and shows the distance to the flight plan track. If correlated, then to the actual position, if uncorrelated then to the last calculated position.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
Christos Chiotelis
Posted
Posted

Hello,

When selecting 2 planes using distance tool , is there an option to view bearing and time from one plane to the other? On previous version this was displayed at the yellow line in the upper left of the screen now it only shows the distance between the 2 planes.

Thanks.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Use .distance2 command. Right click on distance tool icon.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Christos Chiotelis
Posted
Posted

Hello Gergely and thank you for the answer.

Right click on distance tool isn't working ,but typing .distance2 in the command line and selecting 2 planes it's ok.

I am using the latest beta v3.2a(r2).

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

I thought the latest beta was V3.2a(r3)?

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

So it was not the right button, but pressing the the icon with left twice (not doubleclick).

But actually that does not work correctly in the latest beta. I will fix it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer