You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES Bug: SIDs/STARs defined using fixes are not displayed

Merik Nanish 1184142

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

If you have a SID or STAR defined in the sector file using fixes, EuroScope cannot draw it. Same SID or STAR can be drawn if you replace the fixes with their lat/long.

This does not work:

[STAR]
SHAFF7 GEE GEE EXTOL EXTOL

This does work:

[STAR]
SHAFF7 N042.50.03.829 W077.43.57.899 N042.39.27.691 W076.37.06.099

Since other elements (such as airways and ARTCC boundaries) can be defined using fixes rather than lat/longs, it would be great if STARs and SIDs could also be defined the same way.

Note that VRC does not have this problem and can show the SIDs/STARs regardless of whether they are defined using fixes or lat/longs.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Merik,

This does work on my side. Are you sure both GEE and EXTOL are defined in the FIXES section? Also leave 2 additional spaces after GEE to a total of 3.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

I identified the source of the problem: the [sTAR] section must be defined AFTER the [FIXES] section. I didn't know the order matters.

As a matter of fact, I'd like to propose that the order should not matter. Once the SCT file is loaded, first the fixes and navaids should be p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]d, and then the STARs, SIDs, etc should be p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]d.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Actually ES interprets the data on the fly and does not save them for a later analysis. That requires more effort then changing the SCT file content.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer