You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

Tapatalk for VATSIM Forums

Steven Brown

Steven Brown
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's just me or if this is even the right place to post, but Tapatalk for the VATSIM Forums isn't working correctly.

It used to work for some time but now every time I try to use it, it says I have exceeded the number of login attempts even though it was my first and I can log into the computer no worries. I use my full user name - ie. Steven Brown 1049506 to log in as this is the way to do it on there...

Thoughts?

Steven Brown

Director of Events & Communications, VATPAC - VATSIM Australia-Pacific

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Doesn't work correctly for a long time now.

Log in via browser, then it will work for some time again. Tapatalk is broken here.

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Same here, works for a few days, then I have to log in on the web to get in via TT

morten_steen_zpsbqpwg3mb.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You are not alone.... Same here.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Other than that, TT works great

Dimitri Trofimuk 1161267
Posted
Posted

If only one of the VATSIM Gods could fix it

Dimitri Trofimuk

Webmaster - Instructor (I1)

Philadelphia Facility Coordinator

New York ARTCC

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

I've always found tapatalk to be a pain with forum software, especially phpBB. I've never found it to be particularly stable... it seems to break more often than it works. For example, on the UK forum it started redirecting people on IE to advertisement sites and got us flagged on search engines - since then we haven't used it.

I'm a bit grouchy about this, but I have an issue with anything 3rd party that demands so much regular attention, especially given that smartphones are good enough these days that their browsers can easily handle a forum anyway (and many forums have mobile skins).

Is tapatalk really worth it?

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

We have the same issues at BAV Kieran, the server side plugins are high maintenance, but I'm happy that we are able to keep it. The mobile themes are usually a pain on mobiles for picture handling and more advanced use, where I find TT very good. But it's on the edge

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Tapatalk is also terrible in supporting their product. We eventually removed it as an approved mod (on a different OS forum software) because the community was having trouble installing the mod and tapatalk wasn't pushing updates or offering support.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Christopher Bennett
Posted
Posted

Funny i have been using TT on a few forums using phpBB and IPBoard for over one and a half years now without any problems. Have gotten emails about every minor and major update so far and decided to update it based on the changelog provdied by email.

Chris Bennett