You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSrealWX Lite Help/Tutorial

Hunter Rubin 1098630

Hunter Rubin 1098630
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Now that Microsoft Weather is discontinued by Jeppesen, the WX is obviously way outdated. Still says its Sunny in MSP and its defiantly a rainy day. Anyways; I looked into Freeware WX that people use and FSrealWX seems to be the one everyone recommends. I downloaded and installed it, but I can not figure out how it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Step by step would be perfect, or a video or something.

I fly with FSX. I must have gotten a lucky Wind 8.1 system because everything works perfectly for me, FSX, VATSIM FSInn, etc.

Hunter Rubin 1098630
Posted
Posted

I've looked those over, still am trying to figure out how it works. Hope I cant find the manual online somewhere. Or a good video.

Steve Kirks 1252923
Posted
Posted
I've looked those over, still am trying to figure out how it works. Hope I cant find the manual online somewhere. Or a good video.

Once the app is installed, you need to change it to SimConnect in the options. I'm not in front of my sim PC right now or I'd try to post something to walk through it.

I switched to the new version mentioned on the main page:

http://www.fsrealwx.net/

I'll agree that the docs leave much to be desired.

Steve Kirks

ZME S2 Usually MEM_TWR

ZLA I-3 rated pilot

Usually on as:

FDX4345 in a PMDG 777

N533ET in a Pilatus PC-12

N323VB in a Lancair Legacy

1252923.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hunter Rubin 1098630
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, sorry for the extremely late reply. Work has been swamped lately. Anyways here is my UPDATE:

I am now running FSrealWX V2, through the same process, etc. My FSInn weather IS disabled, I am running FSrealWX through SimConnect as previously mentioned. Although my TAT is no longer +20 to +40C, it is still up and around +10C at FL300 when it should be closer to -10C at that altitude.

I have done lots of research and other people say it is an FSX issue? Can this be confirmed. Also in regards to FSrealWX V2 it seems as it is a 20 day trial of their Pro Version, is this correct as well, or did I download the wrong one?

Thanks!

Steve Kirks 1252923
Posted
Posted
Hey guys, sorry for the extremely late reply. Work has been swamped lately. Anyways here is my UPDATE:

I am now running FSrealWX V2, through the same process, etc. My FSInn weather IS disabled, I am running FSrealWX through SimConnect as previously mentioned. Although my TAT is no longer +20 to +40C, it is still up and around +10C at FL300 when it should be closer to -10C at that altitude.

I have done lots of research and other people say it is an FSX issue? Can this be confirmed. Also in regards to FSrealWX V2 it seems as it is a 20 day trial of their Pro Version, is this correct as well, or did I download the wrong one?

Thanks!

I'm running the "trial" way past the time limit with no issues. As far as the temps, I don't see the same issue, but I switched to vPilot when it came out. For my simpler needs, it "just works" and don't have the sometimes odd issues with FSInn. FSInn offers a lot more flexibility and features, so you have to weigh that issue before making a change.

Steve Kirks

ZME S2 Usually MEM_TWR

ZLA I-3 rated pilot

Usually on as:

FDX4345 in a PMDG 777

N533ET in a Pilatus PC-12

N323VB in a Lancair Legacy

1252923.png

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted
Also in regards to FSrealWX V2 it seems as it is a 20 day trial of their Pro Version, is this correct as well, or did I download the wrong one?

I don't use V2 but on their support forum the developer mentions that the registration function isn't activated yet and if you do experience any problems you can reinstall to reactivate the trial period. Based on Steve's post, sounds like that may not even be necessary.

Hunter Rubin 1098630
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just wait until the "trail" runs out.

And I just ran a flight, and this is very odd: When I departed KABQ it was about +20C and as I climbed to about FL200 the TAT rose to +30/+32, and the plane immediately stopped climbing, but when I went from VNAV to V/S I climbed to FL250 the temps dropped steadily down to -20C at FL410. That is still a bit high, but at least the aircraft was able to fly.

Hunter Rubin 1098630
Posted
Posted

Also, I am doing all my weather testing offline right now. So none of my VATSIM stuff is being used until I figure this issue out.