You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

More X-Plane Friendly

Fernando Valderrama 128049

Fernando Valderrama 128049
Posted
Posted

This post is a simple question for those that have more hours on VA's than me.

I have joined 3 VA's. Deltava, virtualunited and joinava. Of the 3 the one That I like the most is definitely Deltava. Their Client/Server software is outstanding. Their Acars Client is incredibly detailed and their Java Based Server is top of the line, no doubt about it. But to get to this level of greatness, they need a lot of data from their Acars Client (DVACARS).

At this point, X-plane is limited to Xacars, which provides quite a lot less data than DVACARS. So for me, the problem with Delta, is that if you want detailed PIREPS that includes data pints, Landing Rates, G-Force warnings and route plotting ability, then you need to use Microsoft or P3D . Again, not Delta's fault but more to the fact that the server requires a lot of data.

I'm looking for a VA that does not need that much data from the client and can use what XACARS provides, making it more "X-Plane Friendly". But I still need what Delta gives me:

Landing Rate

Map overlay of my route

Data Points that indicate my Descent Rate and Angle of attack.

Is there such a VA that can do this ?

Hopefully It wont be a "PHPVms" VA as that is what virtualunited and joinava (and a lot more) are and , correct me if I'm wrong, they don't give you Map overlays and the rest .

As far as Data is concerned, I've seen the logs of xacars and it has a lot of data. I guess is the server side that needs to process this data and properly display it.

Again. I don't want to start a flame war about VA's and X-Plane friendlyness. I just hope to be able to fly X-plane but get the great detail info as Delta provides.

Thanks for your support

Christopher Liu
Posted
Posted

Intercity Airways uses a bespoke ACARS which is Xplane (but not iOS) compatible. Intercity ACARS interfaces via XUIPC so in theory it should provide the same maps, graphs and touchdown rates that the FSX users get.

However, whilst Intercity's ACARS supports Xplane, the airline doesn't officially doesn't support Xplane at the moment (I don't know if there are any good J41 or Q400 for Xplane anyway, and that's all Intercity fly).

support1.jpg

Proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

We are in the process of adding X-Plane to our list of supported flight simulators but only support the Windows platform at this time & only have about 15 out of 53 aircraft that currently work in X-Plane 10, but it is actively being worked on.

We may or may not be the VA that suits your needs as everyone's idea of the perfect VA is different, but you are more than welcome to check us out at http://CanadianXpress.ca

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Fernando,

Frustrating isn't it? XACARS is behind in bells and whistles when it comes to cool stats during and after a flight. There is not a VA out there that can give all the ACARS candy that you want from XACARS. Just thought I would save you the time and tenure from jumping from VA to VA. There is a plug-in out there that will show your landing rate but it only pops up on your screen. It won't auto-send to anywhere. It's made for Linux, Mac and Windows. HERE is the download link from X-Plane.org

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Christopher Liu
Posted
Posted

Unless you can find an airline that has their own fully custom ACARS (rather using the generic Xacars, FSFK, SmartCARS, kACARS, Vcrs or FSP[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engerX). I think such airlines are few and far between though, I can only think of BAV, Virtual Ryanair and Intercity.

support1.jpg

Proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com