You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot update 1.0.5336.37473 now available.

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Version 1.0.5336.37473 of vPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update facility built into the client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

- 0002112: vPilot leaves voice channel when controller ATIS lines arrive out of order.

- 0002113: PMDG transponder interaction broken with SP1.

- 0002087: Strobes are on at all times, should match landing lights logic.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

thanks!!!

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

Output device not working.

I hear ATC over my speakers no matter what i select.

Even when i select the speakers of a monitor thats not even on it will still work over my default speakers.

Edit: Restarting my PC fixed this issue

Ozgur Karatas 961628
Posted
Posted

great, thank you.

generate.php?mid=961628

Kevin Jarvis
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unable to connect.

I've changed servers. I've retyped my new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, and proof read it.

The "connect" button does not light up.

[13:37:36] Attempting simulator connection...

[13:37:37] vPilot version 1.0.5336.37473

[13:37:37] Connected to simulator.

[13:37:37] Network server list downloaded. 10 servers found.

Edit: A reboot of my computer has fixed this situation.

Edited by Guest
FSELogo.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is exact, its case sensitive. don't think thatd stop the connect button though

Kevin Jarvis
Posted
Posted

Oh believe me, I checked my PW many times...LOL.

I rebooted my old toaster and vPilot works fine now.

FSELogo.png

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Ross.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Scott Gray
Posted
Posted

Any chance of adding a method of turning off the model matching error sound? If I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

CAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross.

Duarte

Duarte Folgado

Instructor (I1) & Certified Pilot (P4)

Lisboa FIR Director (ACCPT3)

Portugal vACC -VATEUD - VATSIM

2.png1106197.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
Any chance of adding a method of turning off the model matching error sound? If I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

That sound is there for a reason.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Scott Gray
Posted
Posted

That sound is there for a reason.

I understand its purpose, however, getting that sound over a dozen times on the same FedX aircraft in 20 miles of flight is unnecessary. I have over 100 flyable and AI aircraft installed, but I don't have any FedX. Seems simple enough to just see and not hear the error and decide if it is important enough to track down an AI to fix it.

CAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You need to remove the model matching rules that point to models that you don't have.

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Scott, I'm using VMRgenerator, it will generate a rules set based on what models you have installed. Works a treat for me with UT2 and WoAI models.

Check here: http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

Cheers,

morten_steen_zpsbqpwg3mb.png

Scott Gray
Posted
Posted
You need to remove the model matching rules that point to models that you don't have.

I spent several hours downloading and installing numerous WoAI aircraft and then only selected those in vPilot that I downloaded. The FedX aircraft I mentioned was cycling through many of the Southwest B737 AI, however, it wasn't even a B737.

Adding a silence mode would at least keep a flight from being annoying until one can correct the problem after the flight. Nonetheless, I will try the generator and see what happens.

CAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
I spent several hours downloading and installing numerous WoAI aircraft and then only selected those in vPilot that I downloaded.

Why not use the vmr generator then?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Scott Gray
Posted
Posted
Why not use the vmr generator then?

Thought I just said that

Nonetheless, I will try the generator and see what happens.

Again, a simple option to turn off the sound would be nice.

CAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Ross has said (in other threads) that won't be happening. Let us know how you get on with the vmr generator.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the vmr generator should help for sure. I have noticed though its not 100%. I still get an error every now and then. im sure its just erroneous entries the generator made, ive not had any time to troubleshoot it, but its probably as simple as just checking the entries in the file to make sure they match up correctly with the model entry

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

You can remove the error .wav file to not hear it.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I'd remove a sound, as that could cause a program error.

You can replace the existing sounds with anything you like, including an "empty" sound, as explained here: http://www1.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3166. For the heck of it, I did a Google search on "empty .wav" for you.

Here's one I found: http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=39290&d=1230381401

You can rename the void.wav file to any of the existing vPilot .wav files you like to have an "empty" sound.

Of course, I recommend you back up the original sounds in case you'd like to get them back.

I’m a Quality Engineer by trade, so realize that my answer is tenored by my training and experience. I think shutting off an alert is like ignoring a symptom. I’d much rather find the root cause of, and then solve, the problem. So I agree with Ross on that aspect; it's good to be alerted to errors in your configuration so you can make a note to fix them, but this may be a workaround to accomplish what you want. Like most things, your mileage may vary and be careful what you ask for....

Edited by Guest

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah - - that's what I meant Don, LOL!

I made an error.wav file during beta testing that had no sound. You can use it if you want by downloading it here and replacing your current Error.wav file (I'd copy the original and back it up somewhere first).

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I strongly advise against nullifying the error sound.

The error happens when your model matching rules tell vPilot to use models that you don't actually have installed in your simulator. If vPilot encounters an aircraft that matches one of these faulty rules, it will try to create the aircraft, FSX will return an error, and vPilot then sounds the error tone and displays the model matching error. vPilot will then re-evaluate your model matching rules for the aircraft, ignoring the faulty rule. If the next match also results in a faulty model, the error will sound, and the process repeats until vPilot finds a non-faulty matching rule or it falls back to your default model.

The important thing to note is that while this process takes place, you cannot see the aircraft! So, nullifying the error sound is A Bad Thing because you are preventing yourself from seeing other aircraft.

The right thing to do is get rid of the model matching rules that point to models you don't actually have installed, or install the missing models. Fix the problem, don't hide it.

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

I replaced it because it's annoying. I'm not hiding anything as I can still see the error and address it.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Scott Gray
Posted
Posted
I strongly advise against nullifying the error sound.

The error happens when your model matching rules tell vPilot to use models that you don't actually have installed in your simulator. If vPilot encounters an aircraft that matches one of these faulty rules, it will try to create the aircraft, FSX will return an error, and vPilot then sounds the error tone and displays the model matching error. vPilot will then re-evaluate your model matching rules for the aircraft, ignoring the faulty rule. If the next match also results in a faulty model, the error will sound, and the process repeats until vPilot finds a non-faulty matching rule or it falls back to your default model.

The important thing to note is that while this process takes place, you cannot see the aircraft! So, nullifying the error sound is A Bad Thing because you are preventing yourself from seeing other aircraft.

The right thing to do is get rid of the model matching rules that point to models you don't actually have installed, or install the missing models. Fix the problem, don't hide it.

Ross,

Thanks for the reply, however, the error messages that I saw were specific aircraft I have in my FSX SimObjects/Aircraft files. As the errors happened I had that folder open and can see each aircraft in the folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoA_FAIB_FS9_B737-700_W). As I stated, the aircraft that it said it was trying to match was a FedX aircraft (which I don't have any) and I believe it was a 767, however, the aircraft errors shown in vPilot were all Southwest 737 models. All of the errors were the aircraft listed in the folder I indicated above.

Nonetheless, it sounds as if you have no interest in allowing the sound to be muted and that is certainly your prerogative and will move on from that request. I will attempt several other flights and see what kind of errors I get and if it is aircraft I in fact have loaded then I guess I will need to try the VMRgenerator or I guess I will unfortunately have to go back to FSInn for the time being.

CAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel