You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Density Altitude

Adam Vianna 1159285

Adam Vianna 1159285
Posted
Posted

I've only gotten to use this program once so far but I'm really really liking it.

I know it's not the most common notice to be put in an ATIS, but at least some mountain/high altitude airports put in an advisory to "check density altitude." I tried manually putting this in the Departure/Arrival notice(s) field but it messed up the approaches/runways output. Could you add this as a Dep/Arr flag?

Thanks!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

How exactly did it "mess up the approaches/runways output"?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
I've only gotten to use this program once so far but I'm really really liking it.

I know it's not the most common notice to be put in an ATIS, but at least some mountain/high altitude airports put in an advisory to "check density altitude." I tried manually putting this in the Departure/Arrival notice(s) field but it messed up the approaches/runways output. Could you add this as a Dep/Arr flag?

Thanks!

I've been using this at KLAS, which has the density altitude advisory, for months. I added "CHECK DENSITY ALT" to the NOTAMs text, which is where they put it, but that free text should work anywhere.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Adam Vianna 1159285
Posted
Posted
How exactly did it "mess up the approaches/runways output"?

Whoops, should have been more specific. What seemed to happen is that vATIS would write out the whole runways in use block of text, insert "check density altitude" and then write out the runways in use block again. I was using the runway selection and approaches check boxes built into the vATIS window.

Dhruv, thanks for the suggestion. When I listened to the rw Denver D-ATIS, I heard the notice before the NOTAMS section. I suppose it really doesn't make much difference.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Adam, are you sure it included the runways in use twice, or did it insert your density altitude NOTAM between runways in use and approaches in use. Sequence of NOTAM data was one of the issues I had during beta that was reported fixed.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
When I listened to the rw Denver D-ATIS, I heard the notice before the NOTAMS section. I suppose it really doesn't make much difference.

+1 on both points there. FWIW, though, the .65 (2-9-3) does list it in part (a) just after the altimeter setting (which is before parts (e)/(f), the approaches/departure runways).

Adam Vianna 1159285
Posted
Posted

Alright, what happened today was that if I put the notice in the Departure/Arrival notices, vATIS inserts the notice between the landing runways and the departing runways.