You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Russian airport charts mostly in Russian - English charts??

Can Agbaba 950792

Can Agbaba 950792
Posted
Posted

I have wanted to fly to Moscow, St-Petersburg and eventually other Russian airports using charts but what is available in the VATSIM Russia site are charts with mostly Russian waypoint names and instructions.

I cannot find any charts which are all in English except some limited number of charts which I own thanks to SimPlates 2004.

Are there complete Russian airport charts which are ALL in English? ... it would certainly help.

John

Evgeny Popov 916302
Posted
Posted

Yes. there are some problems with russian charts. You can use Jepp/charts.

Konstantin Shalashnikov 88
Posted
Posted

Hi Can

Just check FIR pages

Regards

Moscow FIR Chief/VATRUS ATC Instructor

From Russia with Love

asbtt.jpg

• 1 year later...
Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

Or just try learning Cyrillic....it's fairly easy, and most of the charts are easy to interpret if you take the time. I'm not trying to be condescending, but hoping you will give it a try. Check your local library and pick up a book on Russian. It's fun. I have only picked up a few words here and there, but the cockpit Cyrillic is all pretty easy to translate....

For example, in the TU-154 and most planes, you will see Ð

5212673872_4ab659a0ab_m.jpg

Konstantin Shalashnikov 88
Posted
Posted

Brian LOL

Moscow FIR Chief/VATRUS ATC Instructor

From Russia with Love

asbtt.jpg

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

uh oh...did I spell it wrong? I am just sounding things out phonetically now for my spelling. I don't know how to spell Как дела. Not sure if that translates or not. It should be an informal "How are you?"

Brian

5212673872_4ab659a0ab_m.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Thomas Parker
Posted
Posted

You might also want to check out Navigraph. I just did a flight this weekend from Moscow to Omsk. The charts provided by Navigraph were in English.

Tom

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I started to learn Hebrew before doing some business in Israel some years ago. I was proud for learning what I had and spoke whenever I could. But when I did, they laughed. I asked, am I saying it wrong? They said, no, it's pretty close to right, but we have never heard Hebrew with a Texas accent before.

Kudos to our Russian friends for setting up such a great environment for all pilots, thanks guys.

Kyle Ramsey