You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Correct order of Dep/Arr Items

Bradley Grafelman

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Currently, arrival and departure runway information (if selected via the two lists on the left side) is placed before the departure/arrival notices. To match the .65 and real-world ATISes (with the latter likely due to the the former), I'd like to request the two to be swapped. That is, approaches in use should appear before runway information.

Related to runway information, could you consider adding some logic to combine arrival/departure runways if possible? For example, at KSBA, you'll hear "Landing and departing runway 25 and runways 15 left and right." I'm not sure if the "left and right" contraction is 100% legal and/or explicitly allowed by the .65, but at least consider the "landing and departing" combination (as ATISMaker did).

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

You could do that manually by typing it in as freetext. I don't use the runway list for MSP at all.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
You could do that manually by typing it in as freetext. I don't use the runway list for MSP at all.

Quite true, and in fact for places like KLAX I would agree - using the list would be pointless since you'd already have the runway information based on the approaches in use and simultaneous instrument departures notification.

But for a simpler place like KSBA where it's just "VOR/GPS and visual approaches in use"... it'd nice to click a few rows and have the program automatically add "landing and departing runway 25, runway 15L, and runway 15R."

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

SBA doesn't have D-ATIS r/w. Suck it up and record it yourself!

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I will err on the side of realism over many other things... but my laziness is not always one of them.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I've had a few complaints about this; I'll make the change in the next update.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS