You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Gusting info

Fahad Usmani

Fahad Usmani
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Congratulations to the development team on this fantastic achievement.

In my METAR, there is a strip of information at the end saying: TEMPO GUSTING 15-25KT OR MORE

Unfortunately this is not included in the ATIS Box. The ATIS Box I'm talking about is the box which contains all the information read by the voice on the frequency:

JINNAH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT INFORMATION ALPHA. AT TIME ONE THREE FOUR FIVE. SURFACE WIND TWO FOUR FIVE DEGREES ONE SEVEN KNOTS. VISIBILITY MORE THAN SEVEN KILOMETERS. THREE THOUSAND SCATTERED. TEMPERATURE THREE ZERO, DEWPOINT TWO ONE. QNH ONE ZERO ZERO FIVE. ILS APPROACHES IN USE. LDG AND DEPTG RWY TWO FIVE LEFT. ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF INFORMATION ALPHA AND ADVISE AIRCRAFT TYPE.

Moreover 7000 is read as "Visibility more than 7 kilometres". Is that normal?

I also wish to know how to add text on my own in the ATIS Box, which you might refer to as parsing. The box does not accept any text.

Best Regards

Fahad Usmani

Director Events & Public Relations - VATSIM Pakistan

http://www.vatpak.net | events_pr(at)vatpak(dot)net

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

In my METAR, there is a strip of information at the end saying: TEMPO GUSTING 15-25KT OR MORE

Unfortunately this is not included in the ATIS Box. The ATIS Box I'm talking about is the box which contains all the information read by the voice on the frequency:

I have no plans on adding any future parsing options for non-US ATIS's...there are just too many variations, and it would require way too many additional configuration options, essentially bloating the software and its original intentions. See this post for more info: viewtopic.php?p=473095#p473095

Moreover 7000 is read as "Visibility more than 7 kilometres". Is that normal?

I'll look into it.

I also wish to know how to add text on my own in the ATIS Box, which you might refer to as parsing. The box does not accept any text.

Nope, not possible.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS