You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UDP not initialized!

Brandon Daly 1208124

Brandon Daly 1208124
Posted
Posted

When I was testing out vSTARS in sweatbox and it kept giving me UDP not initialized! why is this

Brandon A. Daly

Jacksonville ARTCC S3

Mentor and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Events Coordinator

1208124.png

WfMC.png

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Check to see if your FSFDT traffic light is still on from an earlier flight with vPilot or FSINN. It's occupying your voice port so you have to close it out before you swap back to any ATC software even if you aren't planning to use voice, as the poit automatically initializes anyway as part of the startup process for VRC & vSTARS.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Check to see if your FSFDT traffic light is still on from an earlier flight with vPilot or FSINN.

vPilot does not use any part of FSInn.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

That's interesting because when I start vPilot I get the FSFDT traffic light in my system tray, although that may be a leftover system startup option from when I was using FSINN, will double-check.

Regardless, Daly, make sure that there's no other VATSIM voice program running in the background somewhere.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
when I start vPilot I get the FSFDT traffic light in my system tray

I've never used FSInn so I'm not familiar with how its various components work, but maybe it detects that another pilot client is running (via SimConnect or FSUIPC) and shows the traffic light.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC