You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot aircraft matching sets

Gary Crown 931073

Gary Crown 931073
Posted
Posted

My vpilot has no problem getting the correct model, company etc for the aircraft I am flying, however when I look at other aircraft, example American Airlines, who might be parked near me, it shows up as a white aircraft, and defaults as a A319, does not accuratly show what it is or the company it belongs to. I have read, reread, and tried to install the AI North American Airlines, and it continually tells me these are not installed in my database so it cant recognize the other aircraft. Other programs, Sqawk Box, and FSInn, had not problem with this, yet with how well vpilot works and has been great for me in all aspects, how do I get it to recognize all other aircraft that are flying around me, in their proper aircraft logos, and colors?

Thanks, I hope you can help me. I saw something about a .vmi generator, what does that do, and will it help in this situation.

Gary L Crown

Thanks again in advance for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

You have to install the model matching files. YOUR plane is not determined by vpilot that is determined by FSX same as single-player. The other planes are determined by the model matching sets. There's a list of a bunch in the vpilot settings that you can download. I use a different set that is touted as very comprehensive / complete, and I have had no hiccups with it. I cannot recall the name of it and it is abbreviated as "PC", I'm sure someone else out there knows the set I am talking about. I am not at the house at the moment so do not have access to it right off.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Gary Crown 931073
Posted
Posted

I DOWNLOADED THE IVAO_MTL AND HAVEING PROBLEMS WITH IT,WILL LOOK FOR THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND TRY IT. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Found it, Pilot Central. http://www.pilotcentral.org/vpilot

Download and follow the instructions.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC