You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I CANT connect on vPilot ???

Richard Boudreault 937955

Posted
Posted

Hello,

Could someone tell me why after I follow all the step to install vPilot, then setting , then calibrate microphone ect.... why the connect bottun doesn't lite up ??

Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The connect button isn't lit. It only lights up when you're connected, and when you're connected, it changes to Disconnect. Have you tried clicking on the connect button? If so, what happens?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Posted
Posted

Thanks Don,

What I meant is actually even if I press connect it does't.

I try all the server and nothing.

My god tonight I am soo desapointed about all the money I invest to RE-start flying and all as change lol.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

1. What error messages are you getting?

2. What troubleshooting steps from the Troubleshooting guide have you tried, and what results?

Don Desfosse

Posted
Posted

Finally it did work last night I connect on vpilot.

But now what do I do to see vpilot direct on my screen when I'm in FSX (like the past with swquackbox) ?

Do I have to activate FSUIPC 4 ?? or just register it ?

Also I want to thank you for your time answering my question not always clear

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

vPilot is a stand-alone program. It will not show up inside FSX full-screen. Likewise, Squawkbox 4 should be run as stand-alone since it is causing persistent crashes when run inside the simulator.

Tomas Hansson

Posted
Posted

Ok but how to see if there is a channel ON when you fly ?? You always have to exit the flight and come back in the cockpit ??

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Ok but how to see if there is a channel ON when you fly ?? You always have to exit the flight and come back in the cockpit ??

If you're in Windowed mode, you can use "AlwaysOnTop" type programs to make vPilot stay on top of the FSX window even when you switch back to FSX.

Alternatively, I suspect many (including myself) utilize secondary (or tertiary, or...) displays.

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Windowed mode is the way to go. Make sure the sim is not set to "pause on task switch" or whatever it is called. Also, no need for an add-on "stay-on-top" program. Just check the "Keep window visible" option in vPilot to keep the main window on top of all other windows!

Tomas Hansson

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Also, no need for an add-on "stay-on-top" program. Just check the "Keep window visible" option in vPilot to keep the main window on top of all other windows!

Heh... see, these extra displays have spoiled me; I completely forgot that was (wisely) built into the software itself. Apologies!

Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the infos guys I will try that if not I will erase and try X-plane for a while as it seem to be tooo complicated for me as I am not an expert in files and setting and its very sad but ...

Thanks again guys

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I've never used xplane, so I can't give you a comparison, but I'd suggest not switching programs until you hear from AT LEAST one other member of the community to tell you which program is easier/harder to set up.... You don't want to get into a "gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] is greener" situation.

I believe these are the (wise) recommendations in play:

1. Use FSX in windowed mode, not full screen mode

2. In FSX, go to Options - Settings - General - and deselect Pause on Task Switch

3. In vPilot, go to Settings - General - and select Keep window visible (note that this is unnecessary if you use two (or more) monitors; simply use vPilot on the second monitor)

Don Desfosse

• 4 years later...
Erwin Stevens 1434732
Posted
Posted

I am getting an error too and tried all servers.

Not sure what it is about but everything is set...

Anyone give me a hand?

>

Erwin Stevens, US ARMY Ret.