You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CallSign

Carlos Millan 1302381

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys

I was doing today my VATspy- Vatsim tutorial trying to set everything and I realized that i don't have call sing

Where do I get that please??

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Hi Carlos,

That's up to you to decide. See the first lesson in the "General Lessons" section of the PRC entitled: Choosing a Callsign.

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi Thanks for your reply

I still have problems with the call sign so I will not get connected to the control panel in the FSInn device so It will pop red in the BATSIM every time I try one call sign

Any Idea how to speed up this

Thanks

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

What is the exact error message is FSInn displaying in the control panel when it fails to connect to VATSIM?

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi

First I don't have a call sing, I read the article OK, so I use my first letter of my name and last letter of my last name like CM and them CM4315.

When I'm doing the settings at FSCopilot -Inn Control Panel,dialogue screen pop up,next.

Control Panel, set,general,basic (((I leave the call sign empty)), user my first and last name and the airport KSFO,general I don't touch anything,ch[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t no touch,multiplayer no touch,various ((((I check mark ))Resolve to Exact model priority, sound, flight weather no touch.

Network

VATSIM ID- P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word no call sign

server 80.249.98.88 ?? is that right??? I use 109.169.48.148 according to the video below Unicom

Aircraft I don't touch

Peer to Peer check mark ((Disable Automatic Peer to Peer))

close the box

CONTROL PANEL

CALLSIGN???

CM4315??

VATSIM ((( IS GREEN BUT WHEN I CLICK ENTER IS RED)) and that's the end

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOyA96C3E0

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I personally have never used FSInn (tried to install it once, but quickly gave up). Since you originally posted this in the "SquawkBox Help" forum, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed you were using SquawkBox; perhaps one of the moderators can move this thread to a more appropriate forum for you.

For one, neither of the server IP addresses you listed there are currently valid. The current valid ones are:

ASIA      : 106.186.24.200
EUROPE-CC : 5.9.155.43
EUROPE-CE : 212.67.73.150
EUROPE-W  : 46.252.186.105
OCEANIA   : 180.200.247.40
UK        : 109.169.48.148
USA-E     : 97.107.135.245
USA-N     : 204.244.237.21
USA-W     : 50.116.3.203

As for the rest relating to FSInn setup... I'll have to defer to others (perhaps Ernesto Alvarez can chime in?) who have experience using that program. Alternatively, if you're using FSX, you might consider using the newly developed client called vPilot.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Yea sounds like it was the default outdated IP that was causing the error.

Personally though, I haven't used FSINN since vPilot came out. So much easier. I use PilotCentral's model matching set and the only thing I use FSINN/FSCopilot for is the TimeSync utility.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

dont use your initials for your callsign, thats going to cause confusion. CM is the IATA code for Copa Airlines. use the aircraft tail number or the ICAO code of the airline you are flying on your sim. if you want to make up your own, you can do that as well, you just have to do a little research to be sure its not already used by a real airline or another fictional airline which can cause confusion.

youll definitely want to use one of the IP's above, the IP that is set in FSINN by default has long been outdated. you can also apply the patch mentioned in the install post so itll update the list in FSINN

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help I did everything right I went to settings until I see that i need a CID? and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word?

Any idea

Thanks

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

That would be your VATSIM CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word you use to login to the network (such as to to these forums).

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I placed in the CID my user name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and no connection does

Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

on that same page in your FSINN settings, after you push the VATSIM button and it goes red, itll have a message on the bottom of that page, what does it say

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi

Either if I try in settings from Vpilot and I have to type the CID ? and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word I don't have a connection and if I try from VaTSpy at the moment I have to type the call sign, even if I set the IP according to California and I set my usenr name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word there is no connection..

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ets/Images/MainWindow.png

CONTROL PANEL

CALLSIGN???

VATSIM ((( IS GREEN BUT WHEN I CLICK ENTER IS RED)) and that's the end

control panel callsing???

http://www.teamslm.com/forum/uploads/post-474-125999579374.jpg

I been all day trying to start this and I can't

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

which client are you using, you cannot use them both at the same time

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi Ernesto I got e-mail yesterday that my account was activated so I don't know why the trouble.

I also I did this tutorial IVAO_MTL file to extract is not there, where do i download this??

I don't know either one or the other don't work, at the end of the video his account don't work.

Please help

Thanks

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

Hi guys I'm right here right know and still don't have connection

I type my user ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#system-requirements

Model Mac-hing

UT2

FSX

I do everything except

In the Default Model section, in the "title" box, enter the name of the model you wish to use if no suitable match is found in any of the installed rule sets. By default, this will be set to "Airbus A321" which is the default white Airbus that comes with FSX. The two buttons to the right of the title box are shortcuts for entering the title of the Airbus A321 from FSX or the white Bombardier CRJ-700 from Prepar3D V2. To use a different aircraft as the default model, find its title and enter it in the title box. For example, to use the default blue & gold Cessna 172 included with FSX as your default model, you would enter "Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1". This value can be found on the "title=" line of the following section of the aircraft.cfg file located in the SimObjects\Airplanes\C172 folder within your FSX installation folder:

[fltsim.0]

title=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1

sim=Cessna172SP

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=1

kb_checklists=Cessna172SP_check

kb_reference=Cessna172SP_ref

atc_id=G-BAFM

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_type="C172SP Skyhawk"

ui_variation=" Blue, Gold"

ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="A stable and trustworthy plane, most pilots...

Model Matching Rules Explained

vPilot Model Matching Rule Sets are XML files (with a .vmr extension,) each of which contain a set of rules. Here is an excerpt from one of the Ultimate Traffic 2 rule sets:

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure your ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are correct, no space. dont copy and paste as it can enter spaces without you noticing

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ernesto I'm here right know and I did the update

Firewall off antivirus off

Installation:

1: FS CO-Pilot

2: FS Inn

3: VATSpy

Once installed follow these:

1: Make an account and get the activation email: GO to http://vatsim.net/ and click member services and then join now and follow.

2:NOTE THE POSITIONS OF THE BUTTONS ARE SOMETIMES DIFFERENT TO THOSE IN THE TUTORIAL HOWEVER THEY ARE EASY TO FIND (this is the initial connect to vatsim)

http://www.mcdu.com/media/swf/tuto1vatsim.htm

3:Configuring Sound (VATSIM Voice and PTT/Push To Talk):

While running Flight Simlator, bring up the FSFDT Control Panel. It's the icon in the tasktray that looks like a traffic light sign.

Click on Voice -> VATSIM (Choose your sound devices) -> Click on Volumes -> (Insure Sliders are to the right for more volume) Click on Key mappings -> (Choose your PTT for keyboard [and or joystick button])

(YOU MAY NEED TO RESTART FLIGHT SIM)

this I was fully up and running in minutes with voice configured. On the next session with just a single click on the VATSIM button I was connected and flying online.

What is it:

FS CO-Pilot is software that allows FS Inn to work

FS Inn is what is used to set up your network and used to join the VATSIM sessions

VATSpy allows you to see a map of the earth and shows you arrivals departures etc of people and wether the airport is manned by ATC

http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/pilotsclients/fsinn/

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Carlos, which client are you using? You keep posting information related to vPilot in one post, and then FSInn in another post. You can only use one client at a time. Which one are you asking for help with?

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's vPilot, since that's the forum you've posted in, what error message(s) are you getting when you try to connect?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Carlos, what language do you speak natively? maybe we can have a user that speaks the same language try to help you, im really having a hard time figuring out how to help you as you are providing conflicting information.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

What error message(s) are you getting when you try to connect?

Don Desfosse

Carlos Millan 1302381
Posted
Posted

I'm not getting error there is no connection.

Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If there were no connection through vPilot, you should be getting an error. Please post a screen shot of your screen when you are trying to log in, and describe what you are trying to do when logging in, and specifically what response you get (post a screen shot of that, also).

Are you running vPilot as an Administrator?

Don Desfosse