You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Possible Bug

Divya Patel 1166375

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have used vATIS only in two sessions so far for total of may be around 8 hours. Its an awesome tool I must say.

But I have noticed one issue. Everytime ATIS information reaches G or I, vATIS automatically prompts voice ATIS and it starts to read the ATIS out loud even without clicking on monitor ATIS option. It doesn't matter what I do, it keeps reading the ATIS. The only way to stop this from happening is by restarting vATIS.

Not sure if this issue has been reported or not but just wanted to share something that I noticed.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Actually, this was an issue I noticed during beta testing a couple of times but could never pinpoint a way to reproduce it.

Can you describe more about what happened when you noticed this? For example, do you always use the automatic update option and never manually change the letter? Which letter did you start on? (And, in case there were special updates in between the hourly updates, how long - in time or METAR revisions - was vATIS running before you experienced this?)

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

I had this happen to me in both sessions. Both times I started ATIS from A and had my auto update on. Only time I touched vATIS in entire session was when atis updated. Just clicked acknowledge and went back to my atc client. Issue came up around G in my I think 3rd hour of controlling - as soon as I clicked on acknowledge then, it started to read the atis.

Also I tried clicking monitor atis while it was reading - as soon as clicked monitor, I was hearing two atis overlap. So its not monitor command that gets activated automatically I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume.

I will be using it again today so will try to pin point what causes it. I will report how it goes.

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Sure. I am about to start a session with this pre release version.

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Just completed 3.5 hours of session without any issues with the pre-release vATIS. Set up was the same as before.

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Now about 15 hours of pre-release vATIS run time without any issues.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Good to hear!

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS