You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wrong coordinates in simulator

Michael Kuhne

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

When using the ES-simulator, the planes sometimes show up at a very weird position. Regardless whether using the sweatbox or the FSD server. Normally it happens to all or none.

In the scenario file it looks as follows: @N:FIN2867:1033:1:46.878907:6.856914:20000:0:0:0

In the FSD server (and ES) is see the following coordinates:46,000/6,000

Other aircraft have 45,000 and/or 4,000, 5,000 or 7,000 as coordinates. Aircraft popping up after some times have the same weird coordinates.

When opening the scenario file in the "Aircraft Situation Editor" everything looks fine, and when (without saving), after having closed the ASE, I start again ES with the said scenario file, everything works fine!

Can anybody explain why this happens? Or how to make it work correctly?

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Hallo Michael,

Unfortunetely ASE has not been updated to support EuroScope 3.2. You will need to use the built in Scenario Editor to create the scenarios, or create them by hand.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

I am creating them by hand, therefore it seems to be weird that they are working sometimes, while sometimes the coordinates are completely wrong.

The only difference that I could detect is that the ES scenario editor uses "," instead of ".". But as it works sometimes this cannot be the problem.

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

With the line "PSEUDOPILOT:ALL" on top of the scenario file this seems to work now as well!

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Could it have something to do with decimal point vs decimal comma?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted
Could it have something to do with decimal point vs decimal comma?

No, as it works sometimes with both variants this isn't the problem in my view.

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Okay, I was just thinking that may be the reason since your first example line uses decimal point and the others use comma. I had a similar issue where my Windows settings were changed and it resulted in ES reading some settings incorrectly.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia