You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PFPX "encountered an improper argument error"!!!

ROHAN BHATTACHARJEE 127370

Posted
Posted

Hello guys. I just got PFPX today and when I click on compute flight, it says, "Encountered improper argument". How do I solve it? I am running PFPX as an administrator and need help!!!

Posted
Posted

Ok...understood the problem, I think the problem is with the server. It can't get wind data from its server. I also don't want PFPX to download wind data from its server. Anyways, I want to download weather data with REX. How do I do that? Can someone advise???

Cody Cochran
Posted
Posted
Ok...understood the problem, I think the problem is with the server. It can't get wind data from its server. I also don't want PFPX to download wind data from its server. Anyways, I want to download weather data with REX. How do I do that? Can someone advise???

What this tells me is that you Pirated the software. (Which is not supported in any way shape or form here at VATSIM). If you are not able to get weather data that means you have no subscription to the NOAA server which means you do not have a registered account with Aerosoft and therefor did not purchase the product.

Cody Cochran

VATSIM Supervisor

c.cochran[at]vatsim.net

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

Could it be a firewall issue? (Just guessing; I don't use the program.)

Posted
Posted

What this tells me is that you Pirated the software. (Which is not supported in any way shape or form here at VATSIM). If you are not able to get weather data that means you have no subscription to the NOAA server which means you do not have a registered account with Aerosoft and therefor did not purchase the product.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY THAT???? YOU CAN'T INSULT ME INFRONT OF EVERYONE FOR WHAT I DIDNOT DO. Let me make it very clear. I DONOT have the pirated copy of PFPX. I had a friend who bought PFPX sometime in Mid September 2013. Now he doesn't use it so he deleted it from his pc and gave it to me. When I installed it, it gave me the error. I asked him about it and he said that maybe the server registration had expired. So I came up with the conclusion here in VATSIM and was asking for help for getting weather data from REX. Understood everyone? I DIDNOT HAVE THE PIRATED PFPX!!!

Posted
Posted

Anyways, sorry for getting mad. That [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption was obvious. Can you please help me Cody?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Rohan, its still not a "legit" copy. the license one buys is for a single user, meaning you cant give this stuff away like that, thats why you cant access the server, you arent the original legal owner. whether or not it was on purpose doesnt matter.

that is something you will have to work out with the PFPX developer, nothing to do with VATSIM

Posted
Posted

See....I had a friend who used PFPX. Now he doesnot use it so he uinstalled it(or else PFPX wouldn't have accepeted the registration number) and gave it to me. I installed it. So whats wrong? His software is going waste and he is not using it simultaneously anyway. Its also pretty expensive.

Come on man....please help me. Atleast someone would use REX or FSGRW with PFPX!!! Please help...

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Souns like you need to talk to the original copyright owner. We can't help, and won't help overcome a copy protection.

Kyle Ramsey