You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wether I lose connection between SB and FSX also to X-PLANE?

Veit Heise 1304233

Veit Heise 1304233
Posted
Posted

Hello

When I tried first time to install xsquawkbox under X-Plane 10.30 I didn't get a connection between XP and XSB. An file error.out was called in the display, but nothing is created.

When I tried first time to install SB4 (running under SB3, whatever that does mean) on FSX I lost connection to SB from FSX and no chance to connect SB with FSX again. Also reinstallations or else doesnt work. Why?

Im so frustrated! I had such problems also with IvAp under XP/FSX in IVAO and no one could help me... so its all useless stuff for me... Tell me why?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sounds like an issue on your PC if its happening with everything. big piece of the puzzle though thats missing. youll have to provide a ton more info

have you tried vpilot for fsx? it has a debug feature which "may" give more clues

Veit Heise 1304233
Posted
Posted
sounds like an issue on your PC if its happening with everything. big piece of the puzzle though thats missing. youll have to provide a ton more info

have you tried vpilot for fsx? it has a debug feature which "may" give more clues

Oh yeah! Its frustrating too... cause:

When you install vpilot, you must start it the first time...

to configure first time and get the aircraft list from the server, you have to be connected. But! You still are not connected, cause you hadnt read the aircraft list and so you hadnt make the aircraft model choice...

And so you get no connect to the server...

The rat is bitten its own tail!

Greatings Veit

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
to configure first time and get the aircraft list from the server, you have to be connected.

What do you mean by "aircraft list" ? Do you mean a list of nearby aircraft? A list of possible aircraft types? A list of aircraft model matching rule sets?

But! You still are not connected, cause you hadnt read the aircraft list and so you hadnt make the aircraft model choice...

Again, not sure what you mean by "aircraft list" here. Have you read the Configuration section of the vPilot docomeentation?

To connect to VATSIM with vPilot, you don't need any model matching rule sets. All you need is FSX, SimConnect, and vPilot. Simply press the "Connect" button in vPilot, fill in the necessary information (omitting "SelCal Code" if you don't need/have/want one), and pressing "Connect" on the pop-up box. That's it.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have to concur with Brad on that one. you dont need to install any of the model rules (remember this only contains data for the client to know how to use those models, not the actual models). youll see all aircraft as white A321's or whatever default model you set in the settings, but you dont need any of the rule sets to use the client

you also have to be online each and every time you use any of the VATSIM pilot clients, whether its Squawkbox, Xsquawkbox, FSINN, or vPilot. VATSIM is an online network, they wont work offline.