You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiplayer Aircraft Occasionally Invisible (FSX)

Kyle Weber

Kyle Weber
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Unfortunately, I'm come across something that has left my head scratching since I started using vPilot and decided to seek out some help. Occasionally, and I can't even correlate it to aircraft/location/time of day, say maybe 1 out of every 4 flights, I'll be within proximity of other multiplayer aircraft on the network that are invisible. My model matching appears to be OK with vPilot (no errors on the aircraft in question) but they will simply show up as a shadow with floating nav lights. I've included an example screenshot. Running FSX with DX9 and FSX excluded on background anti-virus processes. I previously used FSInn with FS9/FSX but don't recall seeing this issue until recently (so, maybe vPilot correlated, maybe not - but figured I'd start by posting here).

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.

cLyPajA.jpg

Kyle Weber

Minneapolis ARTCC, VATUSA, C3 / P2

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

turn off aircraft shadows, thats normally what causes that.

beyond that, not sure. i recently saw something similar happen using the pilotcentral models. taxiing to the runway, there was a fedex aircraft parked on the ramp, but he was invisible, just the tag showing. only aircraft that has shown like that so far though, shadows and dx10 preview are off. only happened with this one aircraft so im simply [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the model was not compatible with FSX