You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Quad core

Michael Oberg 855611

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was reading that FSX can be set to run on all 4 cores instead of just the one. Is this true? and if so, How do I do it. I heard that it greatly improved flight sim graphics.

Edited by Guest

Michael Oberg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I was reading that FSX can be set to run on all 4 cores instead of just the one. Is this true? and if so, How do I do it. I heard that it greatly improved flight sim graphics.

FSX SP1 and above will multi-thread.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

Thank you Luke, however, I have FSX Gold edition which I believe has FSX SP1 already on the disc. I will try it. I was just reading some were that FSX uses 1 core and I have a 4 core processor, I read somewhere were you can more than 1 processor to run FSX. Please correct me if I am wrong? I very much appreciate every ones help as I return to flying after many years.

Michael

Michael Oberg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I was just reading some were that FSX uses 1 core and I have a 4 core processor, I read somewhere were you can more than 1 processor to run FSX. Please correct me if I am wrong? I

If you have Gold/Acceleration, you have SP2 which will use multiple cores.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.