You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I'm new to VATSIM

jordan simms 1305685

jordan simms 1305685
Posted
Posted

hey guys, I'm VERY new to VATSIM and dont have a clue what I'm doing i've downloaded all the things needed, but I still dont know if I'm online, I've watched youtube Videos, but they no help! so Plan B is that I come here and Post and maybe one of you guys could help me out here, If anybody have Teamviewer and can help then that would be great, BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM......... MY FSX WONT START AT ALL NOW! I'm real annoyed!!! lol

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Hi Jordan,

First of all, welcome to VATSIM. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Regarding being online, you can download one of the softwares, that are available to check who's online. Just google one of these and download them:

* Vatspy

* Servinfo

* Qutescoop

* Dolomynum

With one of these, you can check if you are connected to the network.

I don't know where you are from, but you can try out your local vACC/ARTCC, and check if someone is able to help you, with your issues. There can be a lot of issues with FSX, and sometimes it is just a very simple thing, that can fix it.

Some vACC/ARTCC's do also offer pilot training, which may be very helpful for you aswell.

Hope you get it to work!

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png