You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Flight Controls need to be Replugged for every session

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Whenever I start up FSX I find that my external flight control devices (Yoke/TW/Pedals) are not recognized. It is necessary to unplug the USB connectors and replug at which time the controls are properly functional.

I had been plugging my controllers into a hub and could accomplish this task by simply unplugging/replugging the hub USB connector. However, I received some advice in another posting that using a hub for flight controllers was not a good idea. So now, in order to achieve function I have to remove the three connectors and reconnect. W

While things could be worse, it is, nevertheless, inconvenient which leads me to make this post seeing if others are experiencing the same and whether a solution might be known.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I had been plugging my controllers into a hub and could accomplish this task by simply unplugging/replugging the hub USB connector. However, I received some advice in another posting that using a hub for flight controllers was not a good idea. So now, in order to achieve function I have to remove the three connectors and reconnect.

Did you encounter any problems with all the controllers plugged into a hub?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I was having a problem with controls not being recognized at all when in the hub, thus the suggestion that I not run controllers through it.

Regardless, the question basically remains the same--is there a way to not have to unplug/replug controllers every time I start FSX?

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Jerry Taylor
Posted
Posted

Hi Roger,

Is this a powered USB hub?

I fly with a dozen different USB devices all plugged into my main FS PC. I have found over the years that some USB hubs are garbage and others work beautifully. I've never had much luck with non-powered hubs. My Windows 7 PC recognizes all my devices (yoke, rudder pedals, goflight hardware etc.) without any fuss.

I can't remember the brands right now (I'm at the office) but I can check later when I get home.

Jerry

CEO - Air Logistics

http://virtualairlogistics.org

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

My hub is a Belkin. It could be powered but I do not have it plugged in.

It had been working just fine for quite awhile (over 1 year) except for the need to reset the controls on each FSX startup.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Jerry Taylor
Posted
Posted

Have you tried changing the USB port the hub is plugged into?

Perhaps the hub is going bad. It might be worth a try plugging the AC adapter into it and see if running it powered will help.

But with it working fine for over a year and not acting flaky, it sounds to me like it may be going bad.

CEO - Air Logistics

http://virtualairlogistics.org

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

I have that issue also.. my temporary fix is to just unplug the hub's usb which runs to the PC, and then replug it. Instead of doing all the devices individually.

Also a powered hub which i don't plug into AC power.