You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New XSquawkbox release?

John Vatianos 1268057

John Vatianos 1268057
Posted
Posted

Is there any chance we see a new XSquawkbox release in the near future?

Is there any update from the development team? - last one was on April 2014 looking for help

If the XSquawkbox project is stalled that is certainly no good for X-plane.

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

There is Project Swift moving forward supposedly, that will include a new X-Plane client (actually a cross-platform client). From the images posted in August, it looks exciting but I haven't seen any news about it in a few months. There is a thread for it on the boards and their website is http://swift-project.org/

Hopefully will fix the TCAS issue the last version of XSquawkbox developed...

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Fred, what is this TCAS issue you speak of? I'm getting false targets in my TCAS and I'm trying to isolate what's causing it. Maybe it's XSB?

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted
Fred, what is this TCAS issue you speak of? I'm getting false targets in my TCAS and I'm trying to isolate what's causing it. Maybe it's XSB?

See this thread: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=64159

-Fred

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Thanks Fred, But as I read it they are commenting that planes are NOT showing up on TCAS. I have the opposite problem. I have bogus targets showing up. I will generalize the forums I've been reading and blame xsquawkbox. Thanks for your help.

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Adam Boffa 1171726
Posted
Posted

the developers have put the project on hold because of time constraints. They are looking for developers that would like to help. I would love to see XSquawkbox development continue because I like the plugin and it really just needs a bit of work for a few issues.

Ryan Austin
Posted
Posted
Thanks Fred, But as I read it they are commenting that planes are NOT showing up on TCAS. I have the opposite problem. I have bogus targets showing up. I will generalize the forums I've been reading and blame xsquawkbox. Thanks for your help.

Same here....

Ryan Austin

ZMA S3 

joinAVA.org CAT V

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

This weekend I made a 3 hour flight not using XSB (flying off line) the false targets still showed up. I'm using QPAC A320 v2. This eliminates XSB. I'll try EADT's 737 online next see what it does.

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted
This weekend I made a 3 hour flight not using XSB (flying off line) the false targets still showed up. I'm using QPAC A320 v2. This eliminates XSB. I'll try EADT's 737 online next see what it does.

Do you have active AI aircraft turned on?

-Fred

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Fred, where is this option?