You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX sounds and payware aircrafts

Igor Busi 1237781

Igor Busi 1237781
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I need your help about a strange pb with FSX and all payware aircrafts I have.

With default aircraft I can manage volume audio effect (cockipt, voice, engine, etc,etc,) with dedicated FSX slider.

With all payware aircrafts I have, any sound came loud.

If I try to disable sound from FSX menu, the sound persist. No audio slider effect. I can only press "q" to quite all sounds.

I use FSX SP2 on Windows 8.1 64bit. No surround configuration. Simply stereo

Could you help me ?

Tks

IGOR

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

are you hearing the engine sounds or APU? apu sound is usually separate

Igor Busi 1237781
Posted
Posted
are you hearing the engine sounds or APU? apu sound is usually separate

Engine.

Igor

Scott Norton 1241275
Posted
Posted

While the payware aircraft do have loud sounds by default, some (notably, PMDG's products) have their own independent volume controls.

On the 737NGX, go to either FMS and press 'MENU', then the 'PMDG SETUP' line select key. Click the 'OPTIONS' line select key followed by the 'SOUNDS' line select key. The rest is straightforward.

Read the manuals that came with other aircraft for instructions on how to modulate their sounds.

2uo1990.png

You don't need Red Bull to get your wings.

Igor Busi 1237781
Posted
Posted
While the payware aircraft do have loud sounds by default, some (notably, PMDG's products) have their own independent volume controls.

On the 737NGX, go to either FMS and press 'MENU', then the 'PMDG SETUP' line select key. Click the 'OPTIONS' line select key followed by the 'SOUNDS' line select key. The rest is straightforward.

Read the manuals that came with other aircraft for instructions on how to modulate their sounds.

Hi Scott,

I found audio contro in FMC menu as you indicate. It's works fine. TKS !!

Bye

Igor