You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vATIS version 1.1.12.20140 Bugs

Billy Bowers 1257539

Billy Bowers 1257539
Posted
Posted

Hey Justin, I just got the vATIS update to 1.1.12.20140, and loaded up on AUS_TWR. After connecting the ATIS I noticed in the box it says "AUSTIN-BERGSTROM INT AIRPORT." The voice synthesizer actually read it as typed. The time also shows up as missing the first number, "FOUR FIVE THREE ZULU." I checked up with another Houston controller who reported the same issue. So far, that's all I have found, but I'll report anything else I find.

Overall it's a great program. It's extremely helpful and works really well. I'm sure that something just got mixed up in the update.

Billy Bowers

S1 - ZHU ARTCC

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmm....that's odd. I will look into it. Regarding the airport name, you can change it in the Airports.xml file (located in the %appdata%\NavData directory).

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It's true that you can change it, just keep a list of the ones that you change, because when there is a software update, you'll get a refreshed file that overwrites your manual changes.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

And something to note, there is an option in the installer to not overwrite the airport database file.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, I missed that, thanks!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Billy Bowers 1257539
Posted
Posted