You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Correlation Mode S and Ground Mode S

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to get familiar with the more option offering Mode S correclation. A problem I have now and couldn't resolve so far is the following.

I have selected the correlation mode S in the general settings because its useful for radar and approach settings, the mode in the display settings is radar. When now also service for ground/apron facilities has to be provided, I use another ASR where the display settings is set to ground with mode-s. The problem is now that any tag in the ground/apron view remains in the unconcerned colors regardless of the display mode I use. Only when setting the general mode back to easy VATSIM, the labels on the ground are displayed in the color intended and expected. But as the correlation mode is a general setting, then I cannot continue with the professional mode in the radar view. Switching all the time of course is no option.

So, does anyone know why labels in any display mode are show as unconcerned all the time when the correlation mode is not easy VATSIM?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS