You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC LIVERY AND MODEL

Robert  Ainley 1302874

Robert  Ainley 1302874
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am new to the world of vatsim and downloaded the v pilot client. On my first flight, i kept getting error messages about other pilots livery and model and a message saying it would change these to a default type.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to sort this out ?

Thank you

Rob

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

I'm guessing that you have not yet installed any aircraft models for vPilot to use. The downloading of a rule set within vPilot is merely saying "I have this bunch of models installed and I want them to be displayed."

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Robert  Ainley 1302874
Posted
Posted

So how do I install these models? Is this just a thing with vpilot or is it like that in sqwarkbox too?

Robert

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
So how do I install these models? Is this just a thing with vpilot or is it like that in sqwarkbox too?

vPilot does not provide a model set like Squawkbox does. It's up to you to install whatever third-party model set you prefer, and then you configure vPilot to make use of those models by creating model matching rule sets or downloading pre-made ones as described in the vPilot docomeentation.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert  Ainley 1302874
Posted
Posted

Ok, it all seems a it too much h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le so going to look into the other software on offer.

Rob

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Ok, it all seems a it too much h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le so going to look into the other software on offer.

Rob

You get as much as you give.

Robert  Ainley 1302874
Posted
Posted

I have managed to sort it out, the vpilot program is too good to dismiss like I nearly did! Happy flying guys.

Rob