You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to file flight plans

Dhagash Kapadia

Dhagash Kapadia
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've been recently experiencing some issues with vPilot and VATSIM flight planning page. I generally file a flight plan through PFPX. But recently, when I'm trying to file one, the page gives me an error -

'An unrecognized response was received from the server. It said:' Only this and no reason of the error. If I try to file through vPilot, it'll file my plan, but a moment later, when I click 'Fetch from server' button, it gives an error that no flight plan was found on the server. It works ok with FSInn and SquawkBox. But as I'm planning to use P3D, I need vPilot too. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the route I'm trying to file:

Callsign - AIC144

Origin - KEWR

Destination - VABB

Route - DCT JEFFF J6 ALB J563 YBC DCT ALKOB DCT FOXXE/M082F320 NATT 57N040W/M082F330 NATT NETKI DCT NIBOG/N0480F330 UN552 MAC UN562 SAB/N0475F350 UL983 CUTEL UL619 VALBO L619 SUTEB UL619 PITEN Z998 RATMO Z997 SUI L980 USTIL/K0871F350 N191 GAMAN A277 DIBAT/K0859F370 A277 BANUT/N0465F370 P567 ULDUS UN319 ZDN UL125 KEBUD G208 PG G210 KC A791 DANGI/N0480F390 A791 TELEM G210 BVR DCT POKON POKO1B

Aircraft - H/B77W/L

Remarks - PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/141120 REG/VTALP EET/KZBW0011 CZUL0038 CZQX0137 CZQX0217 EGGX0406 EGPX0529 EISN0536 EGPX0543 EKDK0632 EHAA0634 EDVV0639 EDUU0701 EPWW0716 UKLV0803 UKBV0826 UKOV0847 UKFV0859 URRV0924 UGGG0948 UDDD1015 UBBA1022 OIIX1057 OPKR1239 VABF1323 RVR/75 PER/D RALT/CYSC CYYR BGBW EIKN EGNT RIF/TBS A419 GEVOR R205 TULKU TULK1B OIMB

It happens for the reverse route too. Any help will be appreciated

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You are most likely using too many characters in your flight plan.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=66191&p=474500#p474500

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Dhagash, when it works in SB or FSInn, do the route or remarks get truncated?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dhagash Kapadia
Posted
Posted

Yes, in Squawkbox, route gets truncated, but in FSInn the route remains as it is, the remarks field gets shortened. But anyway, I saw another guy flying the same destination with a slightly different route.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Suggest reducing the number of characters in your flight plan (I recommend shortening the remarks) to conform to the maximum number allowed on the network.

Don Desfosse

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I will look into whether or not there is a way for vPilot to know when the flight plan gets rejected by the server due to size so that it can alert the user.

Dhagash Kapadia
Posted
Posted

Thanks, please advise when done

Scott Norton 1241275
Posted
Posted

I would advise against using the "Send to VATSIM" function within PFPX. It has a nasty habit of stuffing the remarks section to the point where the flight plan exceeds the character limit. Make your remarks as brief as possible, including only information that the controller needs to know.

2uo1990.png

You don't need Red Bull to get your wings.

• 2 weeks later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
I would advise against using the "Send to VATSIM" function within PFPX. It has a nasty habit of stuffing the remarks section to the point where the flight plan exceeds the character limit. Make your remarks as brief as possible, including only information that the controller needs to know.

I must disagree, the information PFPX puts in the remark section is, or can be very important for controllers, until we have the ICAO flight plan format, PFPX is forced to put some informations in the remarks, such as the PBN.

Dhagash, remove the EET/ section in the remarks if you don't have enought space left.

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

I must disagree, the information PFPX puts in the remark section is, or can be very important for controllers, until we have the ICAO flight plan format, PFPX is forced to put some informations in the remarks, such as the PBN.

Dhagash, remove the EET/ section in the remarks if you don't have enought space left.

VATSIM doesn't use the ICAO flight plan that I am aware. The remarks section really only need to be if you are voice capable. All other stuff is really useless.

• 4 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, the server does not return any sort of error message when filing a flight plan fails due to its length.

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

As someone who controls the NYC airspace fairly frequently and so would be called upon to provide the initial clearance for this flight, please allow me to suggest that this flight plan would have to be modified by ATC as follows:

JFK1.GREKI ALB then as filed

That is, Kennedy One Departure, radar vectors GREKI direct ALB then as filed. JEFFF isn't one of the preferred JFK exits.

Also, I am unclear what part of

Remarks - PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/141120 REG/VTALP EET/KZBW0011 CZUL0038 CZQX0137 CZQX0217 EGGX0406 EGPX0529 EISN0536 EGPX0543 EKDK0632 EHAA0634 EDVV0639 EDUU0701 EPWW0716 UKLV0803 UKBV0826 UKOV0847 UKFV0859 URRV0924 UGGG0948 UDDD1015 UBBA1022 OIIX1057 OPKR1239 VABF1323 RVR/75 PER/D RALT/CYSC CYYR BGBW EIKN EGNT RIF/TBS A419 GEVOR R205 TULKU TULK1B OIMB

helps provide service to this flight. I'm guessing that this has significance within the ICAO context. Is this kind of data required on VATSIM in some regions?

Best wishes to all for a happy holiday season and healthy 2015.

John Wiesenfeld

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away

Zachary Crown 1297038
Posted
Posted

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem, I've tried filing on the pre-file page, and on vpilot. It says that It filed, but when I go and ask for IFR clearance the ATC says he doesn't see a flightplan filed for me. I know for sure I'm not over the character limit also. Thanks!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Can you post the contents of your route and comments field here? I'm wondering if it's an issue with special characters.

Don Desfosse