You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anyone getting a crash when vPilot tries to play a sound?

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you have experienced vPilot crashing when it tries to play a sound, such as when joining a voice channel or receiving a text message, please let me know. One user has reported this so far and I was unable to determine the cause. It just started after he applied Windows updates one day. If I can hear from others experiencing the same issue, perhaps we can narrow down the cause.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 months later...
Stephen Prendergast 125311
Posted
Posted

Hi, Ross: First you have to keep in mind that I'm a technopeasant and can only describe what happened in vague detail. For the last two Canadian Xpress events (yesterdays VFR Friday and last weeks Bush League Sunday) many users have had connection issues, FSX freezes, CTD's and being able to see other traffic. This all seems to be after the release of the latest version of vPilot. Some have installed it, others haven't some on Beta so we're all over the place on that front. Me, had a CTD and a freeze last night and had to reboot twice. Never saw another aircraft. I was told that plan G showed me at the initial airport the whole time even though I flew all 4 legs. My VATSIM logbook shows 3 or 4 flights at the same time, though I'm sure I only refiled the flight plan once. Others had the similar things happen. After the event, I took a short VFR flight (without restarting FSX) near Vancouver to see what would happen. Connected to VATSIM and was in contact with Vancouver CTR. Other traffic was visible and there were no problems. To me, things seem to happen when someone logs on or there is other activity on our TeamSpeak 3 channel.

Just remembered that I restarted vPilot a couple of times hoping that I would be able to see other traffic. That might explain multiple log entries.

SMP CXA839

Stephen Prendergast 125311
Posted
Posted

We just finished the weekly Sunday Bush League event and nothing unusual occurred. So I guess you can pretty much ignore my previous post.

SMP CXA839