You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

IVAO_MTL

Terry OBrien 1308945

Terry OBrien 1308945
Posted
Posted

I have installed vPilot but I am having a problem locating IVAO_MTL to download which seems to be a requirement for running vPilot. I tried to download it from IAVO but for some reason beyond me I was getting an error when applying for membership which was a requirement for downloading the IVAO_MTL file.

I am sorry about having so much diffliculty installing vPilot especially since I have 50 years of experience as a systems analyst but I have found it quite difficult to install (sorry).

Does anyone have a link or some advice for me please.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Terry,

The IVAO model set is most certainly not a requirement for using vPilot. As the developer, I'm concerned that you think so ... can you let me know what lead you to believe that it is required? If there is something in the vPilot docs that I can clarify, I would like to do so.

vPilot will work with whatever model set you have installed, whether that's IVAO, MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic, World of AI, or just the default models that come with FSX. You simply have to tell vPilot what models you have installed. You do that by creating or downloading model matching rules that describe your installed model sets. The vPilot docs go into detail on this.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Terry OBrien 1308945
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

First let me apologize for my lack of research of vPilot. After downloading the software from VATSIM I had to Log off because I was being called by the wife to eat. For that reason I did not notice there was an install program link at the bottom of the page.

When I got back to the computer I went to YOUTUBE.com to search for vPilot and found some videos explaining how to install it and run it. Many of these referred to installing IVAO-MTL. It seems I got off to a bad start. After reading your response to my post I went back to the VATSIM vPilot Page and found the link to the install notes. After reading these notes several times I was successful in loading and connecting to VATSIM through vPilot. Again, I am sorry if I offended you by not reading the correct information first. Anyway, I hope to continue my vPilot education and am Looking forward to getting my P1 rating.

Terry

PS. It might help to put a note at the TOP of the vPilot page underneath the link to go there to get the Install Notes instead of at the bottom of the page but that is just a defensive remark for my lack of not noticing it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Again, I am sorry if I offended you by not reading the correct information first.

No offense taken, at all. I was mainly concerned about where you got the impression that IVAO_MTL was required, and you explained that well.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC