You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Observing

Terry OBrien 1308945

Terry OBrien 1308945
Posted
Posted

Hello Canada .... what is the procedure to become an Observer on the Canadian VATSIM network.

I was finally able to get my vPilot to work on my computer and I made my very first UNPROFESSIONAL

flight from KSEA to KBLI. (GULP). I must have scared the hell out of SEATAC ATC .

Can someone give me explicit details.

Cheers to everyone and have a great Christmas.

Terry O'Brien

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM Terry.

To be an observer you simply need to download and install one of the ATC clients (look on the VATSIM website under ATC) and log on. While you are encouraged to observe please use some discretion in the length of your observing sessions but it is a very good way to become accustomed to the language and phrasing used in ATC comms.

Also, as far as your online flight debut-if you put a note in the remarks section of your flight plan that you are new most controllers will be more than happy to help you understand and get straight the routine.

I regularly control in ZSE airspace and am glad to help new pilots adjust to the network...we have all been there.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png