You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Screen Resolution

Paul Biderman

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

What resolution is this program designed to run at? I run at 1900x1200 and just realized that there's a whole section of the program missing (Departure/Arrival) and the buttons on the bottom are scrunched up and the auto update button is half hidden. Since there's no full screen option is there any way around this besides changing my resolution?

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Do you perhaps have font sizes increased beyond the default? For example, here's a screenshot of the default settings:

eace8b26e6.jpg

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I'm reasonably sure I do. I am visually impaired and need all the help I can get.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

My text is set at medium. Thought it was larger but I guess not.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

You were right. If I set my text to smaller it works fine. But that text is way too small for me.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
You were right. If I set my text to smaller it works fine. But that text is way too small for me.

I'll have to defer to Justin on that one; sounds like Windows isn't correctly scaling all of the visual elements of the application (not an uncommon problem, unfortunately).

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I would need to tweak the UI to support a higher DPI setting. I'll put it on my list, but no guarantees if/when I'll get it done.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Not really sure how I'll deal with it in it's current state. You can't change text size/dpi without logging out of windows and logging back in. I'll see if just changing screen resolution matters but I'm guessing it won't.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

Looks like I can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to bring up the departure/arrival screen. The auto update button works...it's just half hidden. At least it all works and I can use it.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

• 5 weeks later...
Rick Rump
Posted
Posted

Yeah I also have the same problem for the same reason as Paul. I know a lot of the software available does not work well for those of us that need adaptive help and that most designers do not go into their UI production with such in mind as there are very few. So if you can do it Justin that would be great, if not its cool arrow keys exist for a reason!

VATUSA Mid-west Region Manager | Former VATUSA Training Director | Former ZDC ATM/DATM/TA/WM

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 5

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I blame Windows!