You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Jason Sutton Appointed VATUSA Training Director (VATUSA3)

Kyle Ramsey 810181

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Jeff Turner (VATUSA1) and Craig Merriman (VATUSA2) are pleased to announce the appointment of Jason Sutton as the new VATUSA Training Director effective immediately.

Jason began his VATUSA career in ZTL in August 2003. There he worked his way up from Mentor to Staff Instructor, finally taking the positon of Chief Instructor for ZTL in April 2004.

Among the projects Jason has spearheaded while at ZTL are Lead of the A80 TRACON, ZTL Mentor/Instructor secure site, created a test with a pool of questions for each position including all the three major TRACONS as well as SOP exams, Pilot Survey Archive, the TRACON website, the ZTL newsletter script, and the automatic Chief’s Corner script. A graduate of East Carolina University, Jason also has recently achieved his FAA Private Pilot Certificate (ASEL) and plans to start his instrument training later in 2006.

Jason promises to bring his same sense of responsibility and achievement that lead him to build such tremendous training systems in ZTL to this new positon as VATUSA3.

Please join Jeff, Craig, and the rest of the VATUSA staff in welcoming Jason to this new position.

Kyle Ramsey

Justin Wilcox 882814
Posted
Posted

Congrats buddy!

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Congrats Jason! Also looks like Kyle is the new VATUSA11 - congrats on that too

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Isaac Niedrauer 947516
Posted
Posted

Congrats Jason and Kyle!

Clear Skies,

Isaac Niedrauer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Congratulations, Jason ... I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

Just 6 months ago he was my instructor... Congrats Jason. Look foward to seeing what you can do with this position.

1000.png

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

Congrats!

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

ZTL loses another one to a VATUSA staff position.

Bravo.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

Bravo.

Keep in mind.. he was VATUSA8 for the last few months. So yeah, we lost him a while ago.

1000.png

James Brickell 852953
Posted
Posted

Bravo.

Maybe we do know what we're doing!

Congrats Jason. I knew I tutored some of the best and brightest! :] You'll (continue to) do well, I have absolutely no doubts.Well done Kyle, also. Look forward to great things from PR.

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

Bravo.

Congrats Jason. I knew I tutored some of the best and brightest! :] You'll (continue to) do well, I have absolutely no doubts.Well done Kyle, also. Look forward to great things from PR.

Of course we know what we're doing...we have an amazing staff in ZTL

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Bravo.

Oh I'm sure you boys at ZTL know what you are doing. . . Appears to be the same things from the past. Purely making a nice observation, and a couple panties get in a twist. No surprise.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

James Brickell 852953
Posted
Posted

Bravo.

Oh I'm sure you boys at ZTL know what you are doing. . . Appears to be the same things from the past. Purely making a nice observation, and a couple panties get in a twist. No surprise.

Oh, my apologies Josh. Purely a bit of self-deprecating humor, there. Absolutely no crack at you or anyone else intended (except maybe Jason.)

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Oh I'm sure you boys at ZTL know what you are doing. . . Rolling Eyes Appears to be the same things from the past. Purely making a nice observation, and a couple panties get in a twist. No surprise.

Josh you seem to be the only one thinking this. Every one else has been positive. You are the only one bringing a continued negative attitude to VATUSA. I think it's time you got over your hostilities!

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

James Brickell 852953
Posted
Posted
You are the only one bringing a continued negative attitude to VATUSA. I think it's time you got over your hostilities!

O RLY?!

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Congrats Jason.

Jason Sutton 879715
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and the encouragement. Your support really means a lot.

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted
You are the only one bringing a continued negative attitude to VATUSA.

That is a baldfaced lie. I for one have been exhibiting a continued, consistent negative attitude toward VATUSA on a daily basis since 2003. I've put in a lot of hard work to expose the hypocrisy and corruption, and I really resent Josh getting all the credit for it.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

We never get these problems in VATCAN; why does VATUSA get some people who are so outspoken against the leaders? Just seems like thats the only Division I hear about with this stuff..

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Having been a member of both VATUSA and (currently) VATCAN, I can say that the main difference is that VATCAN pretty much sits back and lets the individual FIR staff do their thing. VATUSA, well, doesn't. Sometimes the ARTCC staff members, almost always appointed with the overwhelming support of their constituent controllers after having put in years in the trenches, get a bit upset when their decisions are overruled and/or policies invalidated by VATUSA folks who were appointed an average of five minutes ago, supported by basically no-one who actually controls or has a direct interest in what really happens on the scope (ie. other VATxxxx glory seekers).

That's it in a nutshell.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

I've only been with VATCAN, so I hope my question was taken as one of innocence, and not trying to incite anything

Marc, thanks for the explanation; I'm sorry to hear situations like that happen, regardless of Division, but I'm glad we don't see anything like that in VATCAN

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted
You are the only one bringing a continued negative attitude to VATUSA.

That is a baldfaced lie. I for one have been exhibiting a continued, consistent negative attitude toward VATUSA on a daily basis since 2003. I've put in a lot of hard work to expose the hypocrisy and corruption, and I really resent Josh getting all the credit for it.

Sorry to take the cake on that one MS. Certainly didn't mean to.

No Lance, the difference is, it would be extremely disheartening for me to start to be a cheerleader considering VATUSA's present leadership styles. Marc hit the nail right on the head in his latest post detailing the details between VATUSA and VATCAN. I'll see this through with VATUSA. I have no plans on leaving anytime soon. Gone through a lot of different leadership / management styles, but the present one takes the cake for the most micromanagement ever. Times will change, people will shift, and manegement will also change. Only a matter of time. Until that time happens though, yes, when I see wrong, I will call it out. Cronyism just happens to be one of the wrongs in my eyes. Sorry tiger.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Jeffery Williams 849847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jason, you were a huge [Mod - Happy Thoughts]et to ZTL during your time on our staff, and obviously you have done a great job so far in your staff position at VATUSA. You have always been willing to put forth the extra effort and go beyond just doing that which is required of you. I hope that the folks over at VATUSA realize how lucky they are to have you on their side. I look forward to good things to come from VATUSA Training.

Edited by Guest

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the refocus, Jeffery. This is Jason's day.

Kyle Ramsey

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Someone alert FOX NEWS/CNN/MSNBC/etc.

I just saw three guys in a white cargo van hijack this thread.

They kept speaking some kinda WIERD language.

Something about we must silence your TFR or else the ATM will send the TA after you.

All kidding aside... Congrats I for one would not want to be the Training Director, seems everyone here averages about 2.75 opinions on the same subject. Good Luck.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team