You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Green Text Box

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I installed a program a few months ago that converts metric fuel weight to imperial and displays the figure in a green text box in FSX. Unfortunately, and stupidly, I of course do not recall the name of the program but I would like to make the box go away now.

I know I am not giving anyone much to go on here but I figured it was worth a shot.

I have tried searching my download history and nothing looks like the right file. I also looked at my fsx.cfg file trying to find a line that appeared relevant, but again, nothing seems to be it.

If anyone has any ideas I would welcome the advice.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

A shot in the dark:

If it displays content in-sim, as you describe, it's one of the two: a resident gauge, described and loaded through the dll.xml file, or an external executable program that sends its in-sim messages via simconnect or FSUIPC. In the second case this could be loaded either by manually running an executable (.exe file) on every sim launch, which is almost certainly not the case, as you would know it, or it could be automatically started via an entry in the exe.xml file.

Hence, I would suggest that you have a good look at your dll.xml and exe.xml files - both are located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg file. Go through all the entries in those files and try to identify the fuel gauge in question. The "Name" and "Path" fields of each entry will contain the most useful identification clues.

When identified, you could just remove it by deleting the entry from the xml file. Each entry starts with a line: " " and ends with a closing line " ". To remove an entire enrtry, everything in between those 2 lines, them included, should be deleted.

Good luck!

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked through the .dll and .exe files and none appear to be the one. I also did a file search for 'conversion' and 'fuel' and 'weight' and no proper hits came up.

My fault for not making note of what the thing was called when I installed it...lesson learned. I may just have to live with the box unless I can figure it out.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png