You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot connect problem

John White 1308528

John White 1308528
Posted
Posted

VPilot has brought me back to online flying; however, Im having a bit of trouble trying to run it from a laptop. It works fine on main P3D computer, but it doesnt seem to want to connect from a client laptop.

I have other programs that use simconnect, and they dont have any problem connecting.

I have put simconnect files just about everywhere on the laptop, but none seems to make VPilot work.

Others that do: Active Sky Next, FSWidgets' EFB. But VPilot won;t.

Also, when I run the traffic.exe from the SDK, the screen merely flashes then disappears.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

John

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Can you tell us what kind of errors you're seeing, and at what step of the vPilot Docomeentation, Running vPilot Over a Network section, and/or the vPilot Networking Guide, you're having problems? Have you confirmed you're running the correct version of SimConnect?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

John White 1308528
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I thought after I posted it that I shouldve been more specific.

Yes, I've checked to see that I have the correct version of SimConnect installed.

It doesnt seem to be reporting any errors, just keeps trying to connect and reports that it failed.

I cant seem to find anything specific.

I even reinstalled the FSX SDK, to no avail.

Folders all checked for proper sharing, etc.

Most peculiar.