You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatspy launch error

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623
Posted
Posted

When ever i try to launch the vatspy program i get the following error:

wtf_zps485f111c.jpg

I have tried to reinstall vatspy. The russian bit is basicly saying that there was an error in an XML file. Any clue what this might be?

generate.php?mid=1079623

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623
Posted
Posted

Alright i fixed it. Used revo uninstaller wich found some appdata xml files connected to vatspy, installed again and now it works!

generate.php?mid=1079623

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Bit too late, however for those who find this thread in the future...

Navigate to "%appdata%\VAT-Spy" and look for a file named "VATSpyConfig.xml". This file contains your personal settings, and it has apparently become corrupt. Renaming or deleting it will cause VAT-Spy to use built-in defaults and it should launch normally again.

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted
Navigate to "%appdata%\VAT-Spy" and look for a file named "VATSpyConfig.xml". This file contains your personal settings, and it has apparently become corrupt. Renaming or deleting it will cause VAT-Spy to use built-in defaults and it should launch normally again.

Also, when you have VAT-Spy working normally and have set up your preferences, you can back up the configuration file to some other folder and use the backup to restore the config file if it gets corrupted in the future. This should restore your custom configuration if you have made changes from the default settings.