You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PMDG X-Plane Development??

Ryan Austin

Ryan Austin
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the latest on PMDG's development for X-Plane?

I cannot wait to see the NGX in X-Plane! (no offense to the x737);)

Ryan

Ryan Austin

ZMA S3 

joinAVA.org CAT V

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its been halted last i heard, as well as P3D development while they deal with some legal issues with some current users. last post they made in the forum said it probably wouldnt take long to resume work

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

PMDG's P3D statement struck me as nonsense, given that LM/P3D is happy to promote Carenado's products on their site.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Carenado already has an agreement with LM, some of their addons even come as default in P3D.

the PMDG issue is really Boeing, as their licensor, making sure PMDG is able to meet their end of the agreement, hence they cant move forward on it until they are able to satisfy that issue.

least thats what they are leading on anyway, my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption as far as stopping all work in that regard is simply not to waste man hours working on product that as of that point was uncertain.

when you start involving lawyers and large corporations, nothing is as simple as black and white.

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

It's tough to trust PMDG about this, though, given that they stood by AVSIM's m[Mod - Happy Thoughts] banning of anyone who said "P3D EULA"

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

It's really cute when the people that are actively breaking the existing P3D EULA by using it for home entertainment purposes whine about being banned for discussing their aforementioned activity.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Dhruv,

Do you think a Carenado product for P3D could be used for flight training, bearing in mind that LM endorses Carenado on the P3D site? LM/P3D are OK with that part of the EULA being ignored(it isn't enforceable anyway)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

not exactly true. are they going to waste time and money taking you to court? probably not. will they terminate your license, very likely. might not be widely done yet, but they have already with a few users.

as far as Carenado in P3D goes, ive not seen their license with that one, but i would have to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume those products are not under an entertainment license like with FSX and Xplane. same with Iris, Lionheart, Orbx, and a few others. different licenses, same company

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Terminate your license? What, send you an unenforceable email asking you stop using software you bought.

The reason I mentioned Carenado is because their products are ONLY useful for entertainment, they have no systems simulation, incomplete avionics, and don't have great flight models.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

actually since P3D checks your activation against their servers, the termination is on their end. once they deactivate your key, you wont be able to boot it up anymore

usefulness doesnt change its license will you be able to get your sim FAA certified using Carenado models, no, thats not what they are selling you, PMDG might try that the way they are doing theirs, and im pretty certain you could get the A2A 172 fully certified (not counting the fact that you have to have an instructor monitoring plus the many other requirements to get certification)