You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Jeff Smith steps down as Deputy Regional Director

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

It is with much sadness that I announce that Jeff Smith has stepped down as Deputy Regional Director for Oceania Region.

Jeff's real world commitments has seen him have less and less time for activities outside of his work and family and he's gone from having time to be on VATSIM almost every day to only having the time for a quick flight or the odd bit of ATC every few months.

Jeff has been a stalwart of the Region for many years and was instrumental in many of the Iron Mic Awards that both VATNZ (his home division) and VATPAC have achieved over the years.

Jeff has also been coordinating the Pacific Oceanic Partnership, a joint venture between VATPAC, VATNZ and VATUSA, bringing together a standard set of procedures, and a standard training and testing syllabus.

Jeff is ever hopeful that his work/life balance returns to equilibrium in the future and he can once more enjoy his time on the Network.

On behalf of all members of the Oceania Region, I thank Jeff for his time, dedication and support and wish him all the best for the future.

I will be announcing the process for Jeff's replacement in the coming week.

Regards

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Jeff. Enjoy your time off.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jeff for everything you have done for the region, enjoy your time away from vatsim and hope to see you back on the vatsim network in the future.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hey Jeff,

thanks for contributing and I hope that you will find more time for your family and for your hobbies. It was great meeting you in person! Hopefully there will be another time.

Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

Good luck in your real world endeavours, it's been a pleasure working with you for all those years.

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png