You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

constant MTL mapping beeps

Brendan Ratchford

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

Is there a way to disable the annoying beep when a model match can't be found- I tried renaming the error.wav file to .off, however this causes vpilot to crash. Often times it goes nuts at a flyin- making one unable to message a controller (top message window keeps popping up)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The error is there for a reason. You've configured vPilot model matching incorrectly if you constantly get those errors. You have told vPilot to use models that you don't actually have installed.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted
The error is there for a reason. You've configured vPilot model matching incorrectly if you constantly get those errors. You have told vPilot to use models that you don't actually have installed.

Well, some people have ZZZ aircraft, or use an incorrect aircraft for their airline listed- causing of course none to be located on my computer that matches. I'm using ICEAI, and for the most part have no trouble (matches with 95% of planes).

I was able to solve the problem by creating an empty wav file with no sound.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Well, some people have ZZZ aircraft, or use an incorrect aircraft for their airline listed- causing of course none to be located on my computer that matches. I'm using ICEAI, and for the most part have no trouble (matches with 95% of planes).

That situation will *not* cause the error. If another pilot has ZZZZ or the wrong aircraft type for their callsign, that just mean that no suitable match will be found and vPilot will use whatever your default model is set to. Again, this does *not* result in an error or beep.

If you are getting the red error with the beep, then you absolutely have configured vPilot incorrectly. You have told it to use models that you don't actually have installed.

That is not solving the problem ... you're only hurting your online experience by doing so. Every time vPilot throws that error, it has to try again with a different match from your loaded model matching rules ... this just delays that aircraft getting added to your session.

All you need to do is remove the model matching rules that refer to models that you don't actually have installed in your sim, and the error goes away.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

when you get the red error, its telling you that you, not the other pilot has an issue.

its either

1. the rule set you created or downloaded is either

a. missing the model to match against the entry in your rule set

b. the rule set has an error and the entry for the model is incorrect

2. The other pilot is using FSINN and entered no data, therefor shows as ZZZZ. it should default to the default model

3. you dont have have neither a rule set or model to match what the other user has (happens a lot with general aviation aircraft if you dont have those covered). this one will at least load the default white airbus/CRJ model, or whichever you have set.

think that covers the 3 i usually encounter with vpilot

edit: Ross beat me

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Domestic violence and abuse is never the answer...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Domestic violence and abuse is never the answer...

I've tried everything else I can think of to get Ernesto to start his sentences with a capital letter, and he just....doesn't....listen!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

Ok I'll try to see what it is trying to map to the next time I get the red error text. I have the WorldofAi packages also in my simobjects list in the fsx.cfg- but maybe some of them need to be renewed. Thanks for your help.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Brendan, you could also try using vmrgenerator. That way you'll be using a ruleset that ONLY tries to match to AI you actually have installed.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

I'll give that a try and see if I have any luck. I think I'm running all the World of AI (WOAI)/IVAO_MTL models possible- but I get a lot of mismatches (white A321s) with the BAW people- somehow it's not finding A321s in their livery- yet I can go manually and find an IVAO model that matches just fine. I probably should run the MTL updater to be sure.

There seems to be quite a lot of traffic in the UK area most of the time- just an observation. Is it the new JFK?

• 1 month later...
Enrico Merolla 896776
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'd like to use a model matching based on IceAi traffic.

Could you give privately your model matching configuration file to use ice traffic??

Thanks for your help