You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't activate Mode C from within FSX

Arvid Eriksson 1310608

Arvid Eriksson 1310608
Posted
Posted

Hello, I am new to Vpilot as well as VATSIM as a whole.

My problem is that I cannot make Vpilot to squawk Mode C or flash ident by interacting in the virtual cockpit. I've tried in PMDG 737 and 777, Aerosoft A320 and Majestic Dash 8.

I have to tab out of FSX and activate mode C in the Vpilot window (which works fine).

Changing the radio frequencies and what radio to transmit/recieve on works without problem from within FSX.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It should work in the PMDG 777 and in the Majestic. For the PMDG 737, depends on if you have the NGX or not. If you do, it should work. It will not work in the Aerosoft A320, because it doesn't implement the required FSUIPC offsets.

Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Arvid Eriksson 1310608
Posted
Posted

Ah, I was under the impression that fsuipc was not needed for Vpilot. I installed it and can squawk from within the 777 and the Majestic now. But for some reason it still doesn't work with the PMDG 737NGX.

EDIT: After registering FSUIPC and downloading some .lua-fixes the 737NGX mode c and ident buttons work now.

I also downloaded a lua file for the accu-sim C172 which made it possible to activate mode C within that as well. However, the in-cockpit ident button won't work in this particular aircraft.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

FSUIPC is not needed or used by vPilot, but it is needed to bridge the gap between SimConnect (which vPilot does use) and the transponder gauges on some add-on aircraft like the ones you've mentioned.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted
I also downloaded a lua file for the accu-sim C172 which made it possible to activate mode C within that as well

where is this file?

Arvid Eriksson 1310608
Posted
Posted
I also downloaded a lua file for the accu-sim C172 which made it possible to activate mode C within that as well

where is this file?

This is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2292uyzdbju1xua/a2a%20c172%20transponder.rar

It was posted by user Vetal in this thread over at a2a forums http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=36430

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

thanks

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

this file, work with A2A C182?