You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How do I connect ASRC and/or VRC to the sweatbox server?

Christopher Serio 823884

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

For ASRC, there should be a file in the ASRC directory called "ipaddr.txt". In this file, please add the line shown below and then restart ASRC. After doing this, SWEATBOX will appear in your list of servers.

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

For VRC, create a file called "myservers.txt" and place it in your VRC main directory. In the file, please add the line shown below and then restart VRC. After doing this, SWEATBOX will appear in your list of servers.

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

To connect to the sweatbox server, choose it from the list of servers and connect with your normal VATSIM CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

I STRONGLY suggest that if you're an instructor, you make these changes and then email them to your ARTCC or post it on your website so that your students don't all have to make the change. They should be able to just copy and paste the file.

Christopher Serio,

Developer XTower/AVC/XSB/ACSim (Sweatbox)

667.png

Wayne Higgins 838379
Posted
Posted

I cant find the ipaddr.txt file anywhere in asrc directory.

Can someone send it to me please.. [email protected]

Kind regards

Wayne Higgins

VATSAF Founder

VATSIM-South Africa (http://www.vatsaf.net.za)

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

you can also create a blank txt file called ipaddr.txt and put as the only line that sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Wayne Higgins 838379
Posted
Posted

Thanx Luke..

Just for those of you who are battling..

Use servinfo in the File menu to save the server IP's to the correct file - then add the sweatbox.vatsim.net ip.

Also - Lat Long coordinates are entered as

Lat +ve values north of the equator

Long +ve values East of the GMT line.

eg Europe would be LAT 80 Long 30 South america would be LAT -30 Long -50 etc

At last I saw the targets.... and no more waiting for training sessions - Thanx guys!!

Kind regards

Wayne Higgins

VATSAF Founder

VATSIM-South Africa (http://www.vatsaf.net.za)

• 2 weeks later...
Stuart Guberman 897696
Posted
Posted

Wouldn't Lat -vn and Long -ve count for points in the Northern & Western Hemisphere(s)?

Student 2

• 1 month later...
Zac Armstrong 895163
Posted
Posted

Hey guys I am having a small problem. I have put in the correct server information in the "Connection" drop down menu (sweatbox.vatsim.net). However, once I click to start the file no airplanes come up. So I went to check the connection settings again and it cut my server information off at sweatbox.vatsim (no .net). Any help with this? And I have tried numerous times to retype in the server.

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For it is there you have been and there you long to return..."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

ZHU DATM

• 1 year later...
Michael Hess 1046854
Posted
Posted

I have successfully connected to the sweatbox server, but I can't see any planes. Could somebody please help me?

-Cheers!

Michael Hess

ZMP Webmaster

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Your Mentor/Instructor would have to be online too and set up the traffic.

vatme-sig.jpg

• 6 months later...
Ludovic Potier 853884
Posted
Posted

For people who don't know where is the "ipaddr.txt" file, start Servinfo is you still use it. Then click on the top left where it says "File" and select "Export ipaddr.txt" file. That's it, open the file, add the SWEATBOX server and place it in the VRC or ASRC main directory (depends what you do use)

Ludovic L. Potier

New York ARTCC Controller [C1]

• 5 months later...
Matthew Williams 1100228
Posted
Posted

I am using VRC and created the 'myservers.txt' file with the above code placed in the file, but VRC will still not give me the option to connect to the sweatbox. help?

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

You placed it in the main directory, usually C:\Program Files\VRC, correct?

Michael Hess 1046854
Posted
Posted

If you're using Vista, I'm pretty sure you have to have User Account Control turned off before you'll be able to do anything in the Program Files directory.

-Cheers!

Michael Hess

ZMP Webmaster

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
If you're using Vista, I'm pretty sure you have to have User Account Control turned off before you'll be able to do anything in the Program Files directory.

Not necessarily. As long as you provide "Admin Authorisation" to carry out the task of putting a file into the Program Files directory (or any directories therein) it'll happily accept it

Regs,

A..

• 4 months later...
Tim Hezzey 1083120
Posted
Posted (edited)

nm

Edited by Guest

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
just a note, the file for VRC you need to create is a text docomeent called myservers not myservers.txt.

I think you have file extensions hidden in your Windows Explorer. The filename is and has always been "myservers.txt". You can refer to this topic for more details:

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2217

Tomas Hansson

• 2 weeks later...
Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted

If none of that works for some of you i usally have to do a very drawn out process to connect to Sweatbox.

1. Paste sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX in the "Servers" file.

2. save

3. Disable internet Connection

4. Open VRC load the correct profile you want to work with.

5. Enable internet Connection.

6. Then connect with VRC.

Major Paine

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
If none of that works for some of you i usally have to do a very drawn out process to connect to Sweatbox.

1. Paste sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX in the "Servers" file.

2. save

3. Disable internet Connection

4. Open VRC load the correct profile you want to work with.

5. Enable internet Connection.

6. Then connect with VRC.

Major Paine

Why are you editing the servers file? If you're using VRC, as per the instructions found in this thread, you should be creating/editing the myservers text file. More instructions here:

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/docs/doc.php?page=advanced_topics

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted

Ross, I appricate the response. I have done that, it never shows up in "server" on VRC when im wanting to connect however.

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Then there is another problem to solve. Perhaps you don't have the file name right. (For example, if you call it "myservers.txt", and you have file extensions disabled, then the file actually gets called myservers.txt.txt, and VRC won't find or use it.)

In any case, editing the servers.txt file is not the solution. At best it's an annoying workaround.

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted
Then there is another problem to solve. Perhaps you don't have the file name right. (For example, if you call it "myservers.txt", and you have file extensions disabled, then the file actually gets called myservers.txt.txt, and VRC won't find or use it.)

In any case, editing the servers.txt file is not the solution. At best it's an annoying workaround.

Ross, i hear you, and could not agree more. I think i have that exact problem as you have described. any idea on how to disable file extensions? I have searched a bit with no luck.

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted

I just figured it out. This is gonna make my life a whole lot easier!

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Excellent ... enjoy.

• 3 years later...
Anton O'Malley 1262267
Posted
Posted

How did you do it? I cant get mmy server to show up. Same problem as you guys, but just need to know how to get it.

- Anton O'Malley

Proud DeltaVA pilot

S2 controller at ULLL and ZNY

• 1 month later...
Jerry Swalling
Posted
Posted

Trying to get SWEATBOX to show up on the servers list. Never had so much trouble. Windows7, I took the 1.2.4 new VRC download dated July 8, 2013. The download only shows 3 lines and there used to be about 12 lines including the servers.txt line. Now I don't see the servers at all to add the sweatbox line to it. I've tried 2 or 3 times.

-Uninstall

-VRC

-VRC_EULA

...that's it...only 3 lines???????? what has changed??????

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The rest of the files are now in My Docomeents\VRC. You need to create the myservers.txt file there.