You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transparent window when running vPilot

Alexandros Zabetas

Alexandros Zabetas
Posted
Posted

I am running latest version, with FSX, and FSUIPC on Windows 7.. vPilot has been working great, however, on random occasions, when starting it, it has not started up correctly and remains like this for a very long time, resulting in me having to reinstall it..

Any solutions?

zyA3tfx.png

Thanks!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Interesting ... never seen that before with vPilot or any other program. When it is transparent like that, does moving the mouse over the buttons do anything? And can you reposition the window with the mouse?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alexandros Zabetas
Posted
Posted

Nothing, it goes grey and says how the program is not responding... just reinstalled it now and does the same thing... I probably need a restart, but it's annoying setting up my FSX and then vPilot not working and having to restart... (Not saying that it's vPilot's fault, something is wrong on my PC probs..)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay, sounds like something is locking up while vPilot starts up. (A reinstall would not do any good in this case.) Could be an issue with the .NET framework on your PC, could be just about anything. Let me know if a PC restart doesn't solve it.

Alexandros Zabetas
Posted
Posted

PC restart resolved it and my .NET framework is fine, latest version, never had any issues with that recently.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
PC restart resolved it and my .NET framework is fine, latest version, never had any issues with that recently.

Since the reboot fixed it, it was probably something else, but I just want to point out that having the latest version and no recent issues does not necessarily mean the .NET framework is "fine". (After all, this vPilot issue would have qualified as a "recent issue". )

I've run into several situations where reinstalling/repairing the .NET framework is the fix.

When you restarted just now, were any o/s updates applied? I've also run into situations where having pending o/s updates causes erratic program behavior until the updates are applied during a reboot.

Alexandros Zabetas
Posted
Posted

Oh btw, if I restart my computer, without having reinstalled, it will open in the same way. Oh, and I am having some problems with my Windows Updates recently, with them completing all, but failing at the end, resulting in having to do updates which fail every time I restart/shutdown properly...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It certainly could be the case that those failing updates are causing an issue with vPilot loading. I would focus on getting those updates fixed and then see if the vPilot startup issue persists.