You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to X plane...

Keith Robinson 1313759

Keith Robinson 1313759
Posted
Posted

So, I DL X plane from Steam, and obviously registered with VATSIM. But, I have never owned a SIM in my life. I have lots of questions I hope I can find answers for on here.

First, I would like to ask What are the plug ins / whatever that I need to get installed to have the best looking and performing SIM I can have ?

In case it matters, my PC specs are

Intel i5 4690k

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 MOBO

8 G RAM

Gigabyte GTX 970 GPU

Thanks all... I really want to get all the plug ins etc that you recommend out of the way, then start learning everything else.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

If you've never owned a sim, your best bet is to not worry about scenery and plugins for a little while. Take some time to learn how to fly the sim. If you get on here and can't operate your plane, you're going to be frustrated and you're going to frustrate the people that are trying to work with you on the scope.

When you can takeoff, land, and navigate, then you're ready to think about getting online. Prior to that, you're unlikely to enjoy it.

When that time comes, xsquawkbox.net contains the plugin for xplane to get you connected to VATSIM.