You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot start up Error

Jibin Issac 1313811

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

Hello guys!

I'm a newbie to VATSIM and was planning to observe functioning in the virtual air traffic world using vPilot client when I kept getting "Unable to load Jit compiler:(mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt. Please check or rerun setup." . I tried using newer version of mscorjit.dll yet i get the same error, even tried updating .NET Framework.

The weird part is I got the same error when trying FSInn.

And I couldn't fire up squawkbox either as it gave me "Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

So I'm stuck here not able to access the VATSIM Network! I've tried all the methods available online and nothing worked. So I'm here as a last resort hoping some of you guys have come across this error in the past and overcome it. And hoping I could go on the network soon.

P.S. I run FSX:Steam Edition! I've got a pretty old Dual Core PC @2.7GHz, Intel G41 Chipset and 2gb RAM running Windows 7 OS. ( I know how sad the specs are xD )

Best regards and thanks for the replys in advance!

Jibin

Scott Norton 1241275
Posted
Posted

Did you install the latest SimConnect? Be advised that the native simconnect in FSX:SE is the old, outdated one. You should also install Pete Dowson's FSUIPC4.

2uo1990.png

You don't need Red Bull to get your wings.

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

I tried installing FSUIPC but it gave me an error regarding simconnect. Now I'm trying to fix that.

Will update!

thanks!

UPDATE: I downloaded and ran SimConnect.msi but I still got error for FSUIPC Installation.

Can anyone give me another DL link for simconnect?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Can anyone give me another DL link for simconnect?

Have you tried the one in the vPilot docomeentation?

Also, not sure why FSUPIC has been brought up; it isn't necessary or even used by vPilot.

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

Alright I've got SimConnect properly configured and FSUIPC installed. Trying vPilot again.

8uCr2zv.png

oop no luck.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Only thing I could suggest is to reinstall/repair the .NET framework 3.5. Here's a link on doing a repair ... can't say I've ever tried this so no guarantees:

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/306160

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

I believe I have a .NET Framework 4.5 .

On the side note I got SquawkBox to work after the SimConnect set up!

UPDATE: I've tried repairing with no luck again!

Scott Norton 1241275
Posted
Posted

A newer version of the .NET framework won't help you one bit if the software was built on an older framework. You should still repair your .NET 3.5.

2uo1990.png

You don't need Red Bull to get your wings.

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

Advice taken and repairing .NET 3.5!

Will Update

Repaired using the repair tool from microsoft with no luck.

Tried Disabling and re-enabling but I get an error.

Problem still persists!

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

I found out it is not an isolated or an application specific issue as I got the same error when I tried to run REX!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Definitely seems like a corrupt .NET framework installation ... I'm surprised the repair didn't work. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jibin Issac 1313811
Posted
Posted

I'll keep trying to fix the framework issue, if anyone else has something else to suggest it would be cool!

Thanks for all the support so far!