You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best AI Package for vPilot

Dave Catalani

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

Finally in the process of dumping SB. Anyone try differenet AI sets and have an opinion on a good plan of action? I was thinking about installing IVAO until I read that the file is m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive. My online flying is pretty much Central, North America and the Carribean. I was thinking of buying one the payware packages, run vrmgenerator and be happy. Or should I simply stick with WoAI, dumb it down and keep it simple?

Dave

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I use the IVAO MTL and I highly recommend it. The satisfaction of it definitely outweighs its large size (roughly 5GB).

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Couldn't agree with Justin more. Yes, it's huge, but it's certainly worth it. I use WoAI as my backup but find the VAST majority of my models come up with the MTL.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

Don/Justin

Took your advice and loaded IVAO MTL. Tooks hours but I trust it will do the job.

Don..I am always keen on paying attention to your inputs here as well as Mr. Carlson.

vPilot is nothing short of well a well thought out analysis, solution, and implementation of a project.

Too bad people do not read FAQ's and instructions very well.

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

****Question**** All the IVAO files installed and are in the correct location. FXS.cfg is pointing to it also. Upon FSX startup I am being asked to run ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll?

Is this okay to run? My impression was that I needed to install the IVAO pilot client to get the MTL library. Did I miss a step or am I okay to proceed??