You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Incompatible with the latest XP10 patch

Ben Lim

Ben Lim
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello

XSquawkbox 64 bit is incompatible with the latest XP10 patch. I believe a large majority of us are reporting CTD when it loads -- http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=81420&page=1

We would like to get online with Vatsim and XP -- any possibility of expediting a alpha/beta release so we can get online again?

Thank you for the consideration.

Edited by Guest

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

That thread is a mess. Several different people reporting crashes and "me too" posts with no evidence that they actually have the same issue, lots of people suggesting fixes, and not many people paying attention to those suggestions.

I haven't had any crashes while running XSquawkBox 1.2 with X-Plane 10.32 64-bit, so to say that it's just not compatible is an incomplete [Mod - Happy Thoughts]essment. There are other factors involved.

There are lots of problems with XSquawkBox, and nobody seems to be in a position to fix them. We can try to shed light on the problems and maybe find workarounds that might help, but you have to help us help you.

What I suggest is that you make a brand new installation of X-Plane at a different location which is not managed by the OS, for example C:\X-Plane 10 Test. Laminar have made it easy to have multiple simulatenous installations of X-Plane on a single computer, so you don't need to change your existing installation at all. Install XSquawkBox 1.2 in that new installation of X-Plane, and nothing else. Confirm there are no read-only files in the XSquawkBox folder. Disable all audio devices in Windows Control Panel, or the equivalent for your OS. Scan for viruses. Close down as many other background programs as you possibly can. Launch the new installation of X-Plane. If it crashes, then post your full Log.txt, and say whether it crashes on startup or at some other time.

swift - Developer

Ben Lim
Posted
Posted

Hello,

For some reason after I did a computer restart, XSB is able to load now and I have successfully connected.

I will do some more testing. Thank you.

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted

Mathew,

I see you are talking about XSB with authority and that you are the Swift developer. It may not be your business at all but can you, or do you have the influence, to make a Linux 64bit client of XSB?

I know there is a 32bit client but that so year 2000. Such a pity there is no Linux 64bit client

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

No, I don't have any influence at all on XSB, sorry.

swift - Developer