You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Cockpit (3 screens) wont Keep Window Visable

Andrew Pharoah 1253496

Andrew Pharoah 1253496
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am new to vPilot. Having installed it and switched FSX to windowed mode on my three screen FSX system, to enable me to launch vPilot from my desktop, I successfully get the control panel displayed on top, as expected having checked 'Keep Window Visible'.

However, when I switch back to virtual cockpit, the vPilot control panel disappears.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should it display on top in VC mode? Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew

Edited by Guest

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sounds odd to me. the function has nothing to do with whether you are in VC or not, it simply keeps the vPilot window on top of the sims. dont see why this would happen when you go to VC

Andrew Pharoah 1253496
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply Ernesto. Apparently it doesn't work in Full Screen Mode.

From the VRC Forum:

Q: Can I see vPilot when running full screen mode?

A: No. vPilot cannot be displayed when FSX is in full screen mode, as it is not a module that can be run from within FSX. It isn't a module that can be run from within FSX because it is developed in a different programming language.

Regards

Andrew

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Virtual Cockpit and Full Screen Mode are two different things. Yes, vPilot will work fine running on top of the Virtual Cockpit as long as FSX is still in Windowed mode. (I realize you've already figured this out ... I'm clarifying for the benefit of others that may read this thread.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC