You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Super Bowl XLIX Fly Over

Josh Sarchiapone 1236880

Josh Sarchiapone 1236880
Posted
Posted

Will Be Taking A Flight Over Levi's Stadium For A Fly Over. Will Be Using F-18 For The Fly Over Instead of the F-16. I Will Log On At 4pm EST To Do Fly Over So IF You Are Going To Join It Doesn't Interfere With Your Plans.

New Comer J.Sarchiapone

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
Will Be Taking A Flight Over Levi's Stadium For A Fly Over. Will Be Using F-18 For The Fly Over Instead of the F-16. I Will Log On At 4pm EST To Do Fly Over So IF You Are Going To Join It Doesn't Interfere With Your Plans.

New Comer J.Sarchiapone

Hello Newcomer Josh.

Welcome to VATSIM! Before you load up in your F18 and fire up your afterburners, I would suggest that you research what you are allowed, and not allowed to do on the network when it comes to military flights. HERE is a great place to start.

In short, don't go out and simulate a military operation on the network without becoming a member of a VATSIM approved VSOA organization.

TB

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Josh Sarchiapone 1236880
Posted
Posted

Oh Snap Thanks Man Didn't See That Thought It Would Be Fine If The Controller Said It Was Authorized.

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

In short, don't go out and simulate a military operation on the network without becoming a member of a VATSIM approved VSOA organization.

I thought it was the "operation" which was prohibited unless you're a member of a VSOA? Flying an F18, VFR, over the stadium (which actually lies under the suggested VFR flyway there) is not military in nature, and isn't restricted. Depending on altitude, doesn't even need to talk to ATC. If he wants to be lower, then just needs to be talking to whoever owns KGEU.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep IMO this ones not in the military ops area or really any type of restricted activity in the vSOA regs. just make sure you work it out with ATC or work it out with those online at the time, dont go doing Mach 1. make sure you comply with airspace requirements and flight rules